Tuesday, January 24, 2012

HEY, WHERE'S PERRY?

Me: "I don't know what to make for dinner, Tuck."
Tuck: "You know what you need? A 'Dinner-inator'."


Phineas and Ferb have entered our house. It's like when the Beatles hit America. My kids and my husband are obsesesed. I am not sure why it took us so long to give into the two geometrical brothers. I have heard over and over how clever and funny the show is. I guess I thought it was older humor. 


Plus, we had our favorites like Curious George and Wild Kratts that kept us busy and filled up our DVR. I don't know about your kids, but our kids will watch the same episode of something over and over and over and over and over again. That is, until an episode is accidentally deleted off the DVR. Like Dora. Awwww, bummer! Dora can't interrogate me anymore about where the Gooey Geyser is. Ask Backpack, Dora and leave me alone. I get enough questions all day long. 


According to Tuck, we are the last people on the planet to start watching this show. I doubt it, but since this is all our house can talk about lately, I thought I would share with you my favorite things about Phineas and Ferb:


1. The shapes of Phineas and Ferb's heads. They are a math lesson in themselves. As an educator, I love that these kids are a walking Geometry review.
2. Perry plays his part of the cross-eyed, non-verbal pet platypus well. No one suspects that he is part of the Super Secret Spy Network. Since I don't have a good poker face, I really appreciate someone that can pull it off flawlessly.
3. Perry the Platypus in a detective hat is adorable. I love hats.
4. Tuck will now say to Mags, "CURSE YOU, PERRY THE PLATYPUS!" Mags answers him, as Perry, by just staring at him. I think I need to buy her a hat.
5. Phineas and Ferb are always busy thinking of clever ways to solve problems that are high tech. The two boys never argue or tattle on each other. It is quite refreshing.
6. Doofenshmirtz, the evil genius, is always making some sort of "-inator" to take over the world. It never goes according to plan but he never gives up! The next episode you find him busy creating a brand new "-inator". Way to go, Doofenshmirtz!
7. Doofenshmirtz's quips throughout the episodes are hilarious. I love a man who can make me laugh, even if he is 10 pounds lighter than me.
8. The way Mags says Doofenshmirtz is so adorable. I had to record it and share it with you. Click here to listen.
9. There is a Mom and Dad present in the show that take an interest in their kids. Unlike Max and Ruby. Where are their parents anyways? 
10. Chris and the kids get so excited to snuggle up and watch the show. Throughout the episode they laugh hysterically together. This melts my heart. Every.single.time!


So here we are. Entering into a new phase of Tuck and kid's TV. For now, that's the newest thing going on with us. What's new in your house? 

I mean....whatcha doin'?

(I had to record Mags saying this. I couldn't help myself.
 Just click on the whatcha doin' "Link-inator".)

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't help but add to the list...
    1. P&F have this nice website with tips for kids all over the Tri-State area on how they can stay safe online - http://tv.disney.go.com/disneychannel/commonsense/

    2. Every episode has a musical number that is super fun. I'm not sure, but I think P & F were around before Glee.

    3. Doofenshmirtz, in addition to his evil geniusesness, is a single dad who does his best to raise a teenage daughter. I've seen some really awesome scenes that show mutual caring and respect between the arch-villain and his goth-like daughter.

    I've really enjoyed watching how the kids react to the show, explaining the jokes to us, telling us why things work the way they do, and making predictions about what they think will happen next. It's been a blast and I look forward to watching more together!

    Now, let's not wait for summer vacation, let's do it all!

    ReplyDelete