Monday, January 30, 2012

WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET...OR PRETTY LAVENDER PURSE?

I sent Tuck upstairs to grab my sunglasses out of my purse. 
He came back empty handed saying, 
"Mama, I couldn't find them. Your purse is out of control."

What the heck was he talking about? My purse was not that bad. I figured he just wasn't looking hard enough. When we got upstairs, I grabbed my beautiful, lavender purse that my dad had bought me for Christmas and dumped it out.

Here's what I found:

1 pack of crumbled Ritz Bitz crackers (there's a few solid ones in there)
1 1/2 eaten pack of Cars fruit snacks (waste not, want not)
1 empty box of raisins (no rhyme or reason)
1 candy cane that was mostly peppermint dust (the top half was fine)
1 squished piece of gum that had coagulated to the wrapper (still chewable)
2 wrapped up wads of chewed gum (someone should throw those away)
2 Princess Barbie shoes, pink and purple (she can make it work)
1 Barbie bikini top (you never know)
1 Barbie hair brush (which I sometimes use for my own hair in a pinch)
1 Mini Cars Car fire engine (Red is his name)
1 Buzz Lightyear laser gun (in case of alien attack)
1 plastic shark (I'm going to need a bigger purse)
4 fun dinosaur hand tattoos (ROAR)
1 empty bottle of hand sanitizer (someone should refill that)
1 bottle of Excedrin Migraine (no explanation needed)
7 beads from a bracelet Mags made me that broke (restringing it soon)
2 beaded bracelets in tact (since the other one broke)
1 popsicle stick (in case I need to do a throat exam)
1 suction cup (no explanation for this)
2 empty IHOP mint wrappers (pancakes are delicious)
2 bank lollipop wrappers (a must)
1 Hulk "cozie" that doubles for my cell phone holder (multi-purpose)
5 receipts from various places (busy as a bee)
7 single "Boogie Wipes" (there's always a booger somewhere)
6 assorted lip glosses (two of which are not mine)
5 random hair ties and clips (for the princess)
1 school employee badge (a woman's got to work)
1 pen (to use parts of in case I get in a sticky situation like McGyver)
1 pair of cheap sunglasses caked in fingerprints (more of a decoration)
2 sassy red "texting" gloves my Dad gave me for Christmas (love them)
1 wallet (looky there, a necessity in my purse)
1 Epi Pen (another necessity that I hope to never use...again)
1 First Aid Kit (with leopard print and super hero printed Band-Aids)
1 iPhone (my brain)

After we finished going through the guts of my purse, Tuck just looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. I knew what he wanted to hear.


Alright, I admit it. Maybe it was a LITTLE out of control.
Do you have anything interesting in your purse, 
computer bag, briefcase, satchel or man purse? 


Share it with me in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration this week. YOU even took a picture of your madness. Nice touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for the enormous shout out! I'll clear out my madness for you. ;) except the lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete