Thursday, January 5, 2012

YOU'LL NEVER FIND ME!

According to Mags I need to "keep my peepers shut" when it's my turn to count during Hide and Seek because my "peeking is out of control".


Let's be fair here, Mags. I mean...well...I can only NOT find you for so long. Plus, remember my helpful hint about Hide and Seek? When you yell out things like, "Have you found me yet?" or "Mama, I'm under this blue box!", it makes me think you want me to find you. Don't get me wrong, Darlin'. Your hiding spots are stellar. 



While we're on the subject of Hide and Seek, I'd like to bring up one more thing. I really enjoy that you have added the element of disguise to this game. I honestly never know who I am going to find sometimes. I do have one suggestion, though. You might want to consider finding a disguise that doesn't act like a beacon of light when hiding in a dark closet. It is difficult to remain undetected when you are wearing a Rudolf nose that is bright red, illuminated, and blinking. (Never mind the adorable giggling.) Just a thought. 



So, I am starting to think that maybe it really is NOT my peeking that is out of control, Mags. Perhaps it could be that your concealment strategies need a little bit of work. You are learning. I understand that. You know what we should do? We should practice! Let's hide somewhere peaceful and quiet, while eating a bag of Dove chocolates, reading a trashy magazine, and sipping on some coffee. 

I'll go first!


11 comments:

  1. Ok, we really need to get Liv and Mags together for a rousing game of hide and seek. If she is anything like my little hider, not only does she announce her hiding spot, but often returns to it time and time again... Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Mine hide at the end of the hallway....not concealed by anything. And can't for the life of them understand how I can find them every single time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel you have become my first read every day in my Google Reader!!! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful antics of your kiddos. I'm a little scared that you may be predicting the future of my darling princess, but at least I'll never be bored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When mine were little, counting to ten was the only time of the day I could sit down with my eyes closed......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was gonna say something about your out-of-control-peeking, but I didn't want to embarrass you.
    Mags has got some mad hiding skillz. I think you're just jealous of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I totally want to be Mags when I grow up!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, thanks for the giggle. This is hysterical. I love when my 3yo runs behind a chair and closes her eyes and screeches, "Come find me!!!!!!" 'Cause you know, if your eyes are closed, no one can see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly right. And we can't figure out what direction that sound is coming from. Who knows? They could be throwing their voice! ;)

      Delete
  7. This was so cute! Love, love the picture of her feet sticking out from under the box. Ha! Thanks for linking this up with us over at #findingthefunny this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley. I had so much fun reading new blogs.

      Delete