Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DEM BONES, DEM BONES

Mags: "Mama, Tuck showed me where all my bones are...with this marker."

You know those moments you feel like the children are involved in something so you can walk away for just a minute to go talk to your husband in the back bedroom? You feel safe because they are engaged in coloring at the dining room table and laughing at each other's silly jokes. They have not even noticed that you left the room. So, you take a chance. You tip toe down the hall, the sound of their giggles and deep conversations about poop lulling you into a false sense of comfort that they are still seated at the dining room table. 


You make it to your husband excited at the slight chance for some adult conversation. You formulate a complete sentence or two with a noun, verb, adjective and you even have time to throw in an adverb! (lolly, lolly, lolly)  Pretty soon you are having a complete...what's that word? Con...conver...help me out here. CONVERSATION! That's it! Yup. I was having one of those and loving every minute of it. I was so enthralled that I let my guard down. Both my ears were listening to Chris.


Then, we heard it. "Mama! Daddy! Come look! I showed Mags where all her bones are!" We were like deer in headlights. I assured Chris, "I only let them have the washable markers." Just one little snafu.


How did a Sharpie get into the kids' marker box?



4 comments:

  1. Oh noes!!!
    I have picked up Sam from school SO OFTEN after he has drawn all over his face. One day, he had somehow gotten away long enough to draw all over his BUTT. It was all I could do not to laugh. The teacher kept trying to get defensive and deny it, but she could see it was the same as the face art that I had told her to ignore him constantly putting on, and she finally just floundered to "I don't know". Poor woman probably had "sexual abuse" flying around in her skull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! So true. Mags was big on painting her face for a while. The poor teacher would just look at me and shrug. She was super secret about it when she did it. :P

      Delete
  2. OMG OMG!!!!! Have you figured out how to get it off?! Too funny. I have a pic of Sophia eating a green marker. Hooray for non-toxic Crayola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby wipes did it! I couldn't believe it actually came off so easily with those!

      Delete