Saturday, February 18, 2012

MY NO GOOD, VERY BAD SATURDAY

Mags: "I just want to give you a kiss!"
Me: "Mags, my tummy is upset. I don't want to get you sick."
Mags: "You feel like you're gonna puke?"
Me: "Yes." 
Mags: "Eww! Then I'll save my kisses for later."

I woke up feeling not right. Off kilter, if you will. I usually am pretty good about ignoring symptoms that make you feel miserable. You know, the typical colds, sore throats, ear infections, sinus infections, and migraines. Those are a walk in the park compared to nausea. It is the only symptom I cannot ignore. It brings me to my knees ...literally. It is my weakness and always has been. Thing is, I fight it until the very last second, because I hate actually puking more than I hate the feeling of nausea itself. I know, I know. Once I puke I will feel better. That is, until the stupid nausea comes back full force and hangs around until the next time you throw up. It's a vicious cycle. Have I mentioned I despise it?

So, here I am in bed. This doesn't happen often that I just give in and go lie down. My husband knew I wasn't messing around when I abandoned the brewing cup of decaf on my Keurig complaining that the smell made my stomach hurt. So, I am quarantining myself in here until this passes. Hopefully soon. Until then, I don't want to make any sudden movements or I'll puke. Stupid stomach bug ruining my Saturday.

Nausea is my nemesis. 


Lucky for me, I have my own personal super heroes 
here to help me defeat it. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have Super Team Awesome there to keep you company! feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Feeling more myself today. Phew!

    ReplyDelete