Saturday, February 18, 2012

TRIFEXTRA: Three Billy Goats Gruff

My first dinner. Gone.
There's something better trotting.
My second dinner. Gone. 
Something better I'm soughting.
My third dinner. Gone.
Such a gluttonous loss.
I rescind my intimidating existence,
living on bridge moss.
This post is in response to Trifecta's "Trifextra" weekend challenge:

We want you to take a famous story, poem, book, or fable, and retell it in exactly 33 words.  Feel free to change the characters around, twist the plot, interpret it in a new direction, or parody it, but try to leave it still somewhat recognizable.


  1. Watch out for those trolls. Very fun.

  2. Another awesome three billy goat's gruff story!

  3. Thank you all! I had the 24 hour stomach bug yesterday, so I was trapped in my bed. I think I was a bit delirious when I wrote it. :P

  4. I like the cadence of this piece. Great job on the prompt.

  5. Thanks for linking up again, Mags. Good job with this week's prompt. I love that story. I may try and read this one to the kids tonight and see what they think! Join us again for the weekend challenge.

  6. I got tthis site from my pal who told me regarding this web page
    and now this time I aam visiting this site and reaing
    very informative posts here.

    My weblog - iphone 4 icloud hack