Sunday, March 18, 2012

TOP O' THE MORNIN'

Mags: "Good thing your mom is here, Mama. She can help you clean up the mess the leprechauns made."


Every year on the eve of St. Patty's Day, a "leprechaun" busts into our house and makes a huge mess. GINORMOUS.  As much as I appreciate my husband's  the leprechaun's enthusiasm for this holiday, guess who ends up on cleaning duty? That's right. 
This girl...RIGHT HERE!


This year, though, the husband leprechaun got smart. He lined the hallway with Rolo candies. This made the shock of the eyesore he the little creature made a little bit less offensive. The kids were also more than willing to help clean up. They didn't seem overwhelmed by the disaster area that was our hallway, bathroom, kitchen, living room, and dining room. I said he was ENTHUSIASTIC, did I not? 


Anyways, there was no freaking out like they've done in the past. I guarantee it was all that incredibly useful "mess" training I've been doing over the years. Finally, it's paid off! 


Once we began cleaning, it was like the scene straight out of 'Mary Poppins'. You know, the one where everything is flying back into cupboards, cabinets, and closets effortlessly. Of course, I sing more like the grumpy old maid in the movie than Julie Andrews, but still, they appreciate the effort I put forth. Before we knew it, everything was spit spot back in its proper spot. Until next year that is...oh, and April Fool's Day. Seriously, though...


I really think the leprechauns should come with a 
complimentary cleaning service! 



2 comments:

  1. That's great!!!
    And I'm very happy that the St Paddys mess wasn't the more traditional one I was expecting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!!! The leprechauns didn't use our toilet like last year, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete