Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'M WALKIN' ON SUNSHINE....WO-OH!

I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by my writer/blogger/fun friend, Old Dog New Tits or ODNT.  Her blog can cover cats dressed in a turtleneck and a hat to a letter to her toilet in the matter of posts. There is a wide range of hilarity to be had. You should go check her out; she always has yummy food on hand for your visit. 

Just like any contest,  there are some rules I have to follow in accepting this prestigious award. We all know I am a huge rule follower. If you didn't know that about me, now you do. Thirteen years of Catholic School will do that to a girl. 
20120402-210714.jpg
Here are the rules for this award:
1) Include the award logo in a post or in your blog.
2) Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3) Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
4) Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog to let them know they are nominated.
5) Share the love and link the person who nominated you.

Since my blog is more about the kids than me, I'll include their answers as well. I also am going to include Chris' answers to the best of my knowledge because he'll whine if he's not included. True story. He won't deny it.

Here are the 10 questions that I borrowed from ODNT:


Favorite color: Me: Purple,  Mags: Pink.  Tuck: Blue.  Chris: White (don't ask)
Favorite number: Me: 3.14, Mags: 4. Tuck: 7.  Chris: He's not a big fan of math.
Favorite animal: Me: Ferret,  Mags: Little, fuzzy, baby ANYTHING,  Tuck: Dogs,
Chris: Ferret (he's such a copycat)
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Me: Gatorade/Water mix,  Mags: Warmed-up milk,  Tuck: Water,
Chris: Tea and water
Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Me: Twitter, Mags and Tuck: Facebook (they love the pictures of our friends and family), Chris: He doesn't like to choose favorites.
My Passion: Me: My family and running, Mags: Lip Gloss, Tuck: Getting 100% on his spelling test every single week, Chris: His wife (right, Chris?)
Prefer giving or getting presents: Me: Getting,  Mags and Tuck: Getting, Chris: Giving me presents
Favorite pattern: Me: Red, red, blue, white, red, red, blue, white, Mags and Tuck: Anything wacky, loud, and migraine inducing,  Chris: If the pattern has gray or khaki in it, he loves it.
Favorite day of the week: All of us are unanimous: SATURDAY
Favorite flower: Me: Sunflowers and Peanese,  Mags: Anything pink,  Tuck: Anything purple so he can pick it for me (true story),  Chris: Flowers are money down the drain.

So, here's the issue. ODNT and I run in similar circles of bloggers. That means I am going to nominate people twice. You can combine our nominations into one. I'm sure I should have asked ODNT if it would be OK to do this, but I am going with Mags' and Chris' philosophy of  'it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.' So, here we go...in no particular order: 
  1. Honest Mom
  2. El Guapo
  3. Ninja Mom
  4. Momsicle 
  5. With a Little Love and Luck
  6. Let Me Start By Saying
  7. Naps Happen
  8. My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog
  9. Velveteen Mama
  10. Jester Queen
I've been in the blogging world for three and a half years with our children's podcast. When I decided to start writing more freely and openly, I came up with this concept and finally got the nerve to hit 'publish' in December. I've had so much fun getting to know everyone on my list in one way or another. They are all pretty incredible and creative writers. It's an honor to write beside you. *sniff*

One more final thanks to ODNT. Without you, this post and award acceptance speech wouldn't have been possible...literally. You're a good egg.

5 comments:

  1. Hey. Thanks for the massive plug, which is funny since I wrote a post about toilets today.

    Also ... 3.14? What a geek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, are you the pot or the kettle in this scenario? :P

      Delete
  2. First off, isn't the name of Old Dog's blog the BEST EVER? Second, thank you for not nominating me, because I always have to decline! (Not that I assume...) I recognize a lot of cyber-poet-buds on that list, and it's great.

    Now about that Pi reference... ha ha ha Peace, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/04/01/reflector-babe-three-prompts-in-one/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!
    So how did Chris react to his filled in answers?

    And thanks so much for the nod! I will try and respond (even though I'm terrible at these).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to YOU on your SECOND nomination.
      Chris said I was spot on. PHEW! :P

      Delete