Monday, April 30, 2012

AMERICA'S (BUT NOT MAGS') FAVORITE PAST TIME

MAGS: "Mama, I'm not a big fan of these baseball game things."

She isn't a fan, that is, until you hand her popcorn, hot dog and a pink lemonade. We had a fun weekend with the kids. In our area, they do something called "Keys for Reading" for the students. They give a free ticket to the amateur league baseball team's game. All you have to do is read three books. Tuck was all over it. Home run for him! He also scored a free personal pan pizza for reading. This kid is earning his keep, I tell ya! 

Mags was not happy to be at the game. She thought for sure it was football and it turned into another If You Take A Mags to the Movies experience. If you have not read that post yet, take a look. I was encouraged by my friend, Michele, who writes the blog ODNT, to post about the embarrassing events that took place at the movies last week. I then paid my friend back by 'encouraging' her to write a HILARIOUS post about a mortifying experience she had standing in a line at Disney with her son who was 5 at the time. Click here to read it. Ahhh, motherhood.

Tuck, however, had a blast. He is at the age where he is really starting to understand what is going on in the game. In fact, he's already planning his next trip to the ballpark. I hope he takes us! 

Here's our adventure from yesterday in a nutshell and pictures: 

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME


TAKE ME OUT WITH THE CROWD


BUY ME SOME PEANUTS, (A HOT DOG, HOLD THE BUN) 
AND CRACKER JACK


I DON'T CARE IF I NEVER GET BACK
 (WELL, KINDA)


LET ME ROOT, ROOT, ROOT
 (BY SHAKING KEYS)


FOR THE HOME TEAM 
(THE FREDERICK KEYS...HENCE SHAKING THE KEYS TO CHEER)


IF THEY DON'T WIN IT'S A SHAME 
(ESPECIALLY AFTER 3 HOURS OF SITTING THERE WITH MAGS)


FOR IT'S ONE, 
(I WAS IN THE BATHROOM WITH MAGS FOR THIS ONE)


TWO,
(I WAS PAYING TOO MUCH FOR HOT DOGS FOR THIS ONE)


THREE STRIKES YOU'RE OUT,
(I WAS IN THE BATHROOM WITH TUCK FOR THIS ONE)


AT THE OLD BALL GAME!
(BRING IT HOME KIDS...LITERALLY)


THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME, FREDERICK KEYS!
BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!

4 comments:

  1. Poor Mags!! I love your version of Take me out to the ball game! Would she have been happier if it was fooball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she would have, but baseball is so long. 9 innings and a 4 year old attention span don't mix. :P

      Delete
  2. I hope she grows into baseball. More fun that way.
    Maybe Tuck will teach her!
    My girl said she would to to a game this summer! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Guap. Chris is good at making it fun, I am good at running to get the food and take them to the bathroom. :P

      Delete