Saturday, April 28, 2012

TRIFEXTRA: READY, AIM, FIRE

This post is in response to Trifecta's Trifextra Weekend Challnege. Here is what they had to say:

This weekend, we return to the 33-word prompt, but this time, a 33-word prompt with a twist. Your task, should you choose to accept, is to take a scene that involves (or affects) at least three people. You should then write this scene from the point of view of three of the characters, using 33 words for each character.


READY, AIM, FIRE

Today is the day. I can feel it. 
“Go, Partner, go! This is it. Just point and shoot.”
Why does he look so perplexed? He’s seen me do this a hundred times.

“That’s my big boy. Just pull these down. OK? Now, we are going to stand right out here in the hallway. Go ahead. I know you can do it! This is SO exciting!”

Why are they cheering? Seriously, guys. Is there something going on in the hallway? You want me to do WHAT in here? I guess I should stop dipping your toothbrushes in it then.

20 comments:

  1. Potty training was so funny and stressful especially when they didn't want to cooperate. Very cute, Mags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. The second one was a breeze compared to the first!

      Delete
  2. love the line about toothbrushes. :) thanks for the memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. I always wondered what my boys were thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure this was tame to what he was really thinking.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Poor Tuck. We were so neurotic with him! :)

      Delete
  5. LOL! It took me a minute to realize we were not at the police academy, "Just Point and Shoot!" I like the little twist to it when you realize what it is about! Also, that was smart of you to use the three different colors for the different people...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. I laughed. I suffered an involuntary shudder when I thought about the adventures the toothbrushes had, but I laughed. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Trifextra this weekend. Put me in the "shuddering" group. :-) Great job with the prompt. It'd be a lot of fun to know what's going on in their minds when we ask them to do insane things like this. Hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another delightful family saga! Enjoyed the moment where I figured out what was going on. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heck! Reason number 303 not to keep toothbrushes in the bathroom. YIKES... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so funny! I wonder now if this is what my son was thinking too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! I wonder who of my children did the toothbrush thing. I may even have to venture a question to them regarding that. Very cute and well written.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahahaaahahah!!! My son -- My son --- my son. THAT ... I'm laughing too hard to type. Sam used to go through a toothbrush a WEEK. He could get them down from anywhere, and he thought it was his job to clean the toilet seat. With his toothbrush. WITH THE TOOTHPASTE. God it was gross.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, omg, omg...I can't BREATHE I'm laughing so hard! You SLAY me, WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to read this twice - I had convinced myself that there was some sort of standoff/hostage situation with a child, and I couldn't get the third voice to make sense. That'll teach me to read before I have my coffee!

    Once I figured it out, I seriously laughed out loud. With two little boys in the house (and no adult male), potty training has been all about the blind leading the blind over here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you captured the desperation of the parents and the confusion/reluctance of the kid perfectly. You can tell it was through experience ...

    ReplyDelete