Thursday, May 31, 2012

100 WORD SONG: When the Morning Comes

This post is in response to Lance's 100 Word Song. I was honored that this week Lance asked ME to pick the song. Thanks so much! I admit it, I felt the pressure. The first thing I did was write my friend, Michele, from the blog, ODNT, for advice on what to choose. She quickly reminded me of a song that I had mentioned to her in our brainstorm when she got to pick a month back. So, I ended up going with OK Go's  "This Too Shall Pass". Honestly, I needed the reminder this week that it's all going to be okay. And I thought others might, too. Enjoy.


When the Morning Comes

It was a day full of "I wants", "I needs", and "but whys". As night came, she slid under the welcoming sheets of her bed. The pillow accepted her head as if it had never left. She released a sigh anticipating a peaceful moment of not having to think for at least four hours. Her wake-up call would come in that time from her chubby-cheeked, ravenous cherub. Slumber claimed her soundly and swiftly. Sunbeams woke her what seemed minutes later.  She blinked in disbelief at the eight hour gift as a welcoming sound drifted through the monitor.

“Mama, Dood Mornin’."

7 comments:

  1. sweet...i like how my girls used to make things better with their cure speech

    very good atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unexpected extra sleep is the best gift a parent can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yeah. When they don't sleep through the night and then they do, that IS lovely. When the morning comes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done, and I agree with previous commenters that it is the best gift ever :) I loved "the pillow accepted her head as if it had never left", I know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes those little voices are like balm on your soul. I feel your mama love here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eight hours and happy voices on the monitor?

    Sweet salvation!

    ReplyDelete