Saturday, May 12, 2012

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE...AND SING

Tuck: "I made you a coupon book in school. It's full of things I'll do for you."
Me: "How thoughtful. What kinds of things are in there?"
Tuck: "It's a surprise. But I can tell you that cleaning my room is definitely NOT one of them."
Me: *sigh*

I'm sure the coupon book will be full of kisses and hugs. I definitely can't get enough of those. I need to secretly stash one or two of them away for when he's 15 and telling me to drop him off  around the corner from school. Then I can whip one of those coupons out in his little first grade hand writing and tell him it's binding by the law of motherhood. There's no way out of that. Am I right? 

Speaking of being a mom, I have found Chris and the kids in more than one huddle whispering. When I walk into the room they all shush each other and stare blankly at me. Mags will then say,

"Nothing to see here. We weren't talking about Mother's Day."

I can always count on her to spill the beans. In reality, I don't care what we do on Mother's Day, as long as I get to sleep in a little and spend the day with my kids. Maybe I could request that they don't fight or tattle on Sunday? That's a good present right there. Oh, and a dance party in the kitchen. I definitely want one of those this weekend! 

That way we can warm up because Sunday afternoon we are taking the kids to see the Imagination Movers concert...live. So fun. Talk about a non-stop dance party. It's definitely a show for all ages. Chris and I rock out shamelessly...and sing every single word to every single song. In between I snap pictures of our kids  doing all their signature dance moves and smiling for an hour and a half straight.



Here's the thing. Music saves my sanity most days. I owe the people who work hard to make quality children's music big time. I should buy them all a coffee. They've helped us make it through 10 hour car rides to visit family multiple times a year, bedtime routines, the 2:00 AM croup steam session in the bathroom, the never ending two year old's tantrum, days of being stuck in the car running around doing errands, and every day moments with a smile. Never mind the fun beats and rhythms to make up our own adult lyrics to. I am such a rock star at that.

So, here's to our favorites: Movers, Justin Roberts, Laurie Berkner, Choo Choo Soul, Jason and Layla, and Curious George. Okay, George isn't a musician, but he still puts a huge smile on our kids' faces, so he deserves a shout out. Thanks for all you do. This mother appreciates it more than you will ever know!


And what makes a mother happier than seeing her kids happy?




 Nothing that I can think of. 

Happy Mother's Day! 


7 comments:

  1. We've got the same playlist! AWESOMESAUCE! I hope you have a stupendously wonderful Mother's Day...Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dancing party in the kitchen sounds awesome!!! Love it! Have a great Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that Sandra Boynton's Philadelphia Chicken is not on the list. My sisters kids love it, as do my girl and I.
    Sounds like you're going to have a great Mothers Day! Woohoo!

    And maybe get an extra copy of that CD to give to Gargalax's Mom. Just in case...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Happy Mother's Day, Mel. Thanks for the blog that makes me see that my life as a mom isn't so crazy after all. Sending big hugs!

    Suzanna Kellye

    ReplyDelete