Sunday, May 27, 2012

TRIFEXTRA: Bloom Where You're Planted

This post is in response to Trifecta's Trifextra Weekend challenge. We challenge you to write a poem of your own in either 33 words, 3 lines or 3 stanzas.I chose to do the 33 words. Here is what I came up with, inspired by this picture I took. 



 Bloom Where You're Planted

Blooming into the light. Growing into pure brilliance.  Boasting an 
aroma that captures the essence of life. Limited hours of a 
wondrous sight. Petals fade as tears fall. A true beauty lost forever. 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    And I like the way it moved emotionally from joyous to sad so quickly.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that compliment! I hoped to cover how fast life goes by. :)

      Delete
  2. Life is fleeting...like a flower. Good sentiment and well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo and your words go so well together. I didn't even notice the drops on the petals until you mentioned tears. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Mel. I thought the same as Kim with the "tears" reference. The short life of a flower has always been kind of sad to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite flower in our yard. I look forward to its bloom all year. :)

      Delete
  5. Evening primroses are born one night and dead by the middle of the next day. Even though you've got a totally different flower pictured, that was what I thought of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is my favorite flower in the yard. Over the 8 years we've been here, it has spread around and different colored bushes have popped up. :) Thanks for reading, JQ

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up to Trifextra this weekend. The challenge this weekend will be judged by the community. So please come back to the Trifecta home page and click the stars next to the three posts you most enjoyed. You only have until Monday at 8 am EST, so hurry!

    ReplyDelete