Friday, May 11, 2012

TRIFEXTRA: A Trip to Remember

This post is in response to Trifecta's Trifextra weekend challenge. Their instructions were simple. Thirty-three word story and one of the words has to be "mother".

I'd like to send a special shout out to my creative husband, Chris, who helped me brainstorm ideas of how to use the word. You inspire the geek in me. xo


A Trip to Remember

Dear Mother,

I bought you this ticket. Everyone says it’s a prime vacation spot. When you get there make sure you abduct a good one. Earthlings make a great souvenir.

Your son,

Gargalax

16 comments:

  1. "You went to Earth and all I got was this silly tee shirt! Funny, Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! I live in a tourist town, I often wonder if a few of our visitors are aliens from another planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! :-)
    No Globe key-rings for her? Too bad.

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good son. Maybe he'll get a souvenir of his own.
    Thanks for playing. Be sure to come back Monday for the new prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This was adorable. What a great Mother's Day gift - like a trip to a spa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nerds - both of you. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was fun! I must not have been up to par, because they let me go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO creative and original! I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. -------> putting on my tin hat. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine the kid keeping his earthling on a cake plate, under a glass dome. The outer gallacticans are that big.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even martians have moms - great point!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's FUNNY! Now I know what's happened to all those people who got abducted by aliens. It was just the thrill seekers. Surely the Moms practiced catch and release!

    ReplyDelete