Thursday, June 28, 2012

LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT

Mags: "Mama, are they going to stick a needle in your arm?"
Me: "Yes, but it won't hurt because they are going to give me special medicine to numb the area before they put it in. Cool, huh?"
Mags: "Good. But if it hurts, tell me. I'll give them a mean look and then karate chop them. (insert maniacal laugh)"

It's nice when someone always has your back. You never have to worry that you're alone, even when you feel like you are. That's where you all, ya'll, youse come in. I was overwhelmed by the love and support these past weeks since I told people about the upcoming surgery. Whether it was offers of food, prayers, good thoughts, texts, emails, posts, phone calls, making me laugh, kicking my butt in Words With Friends (I'll be back), or having me watch the SCARIEST frigging movies out there (ahem...Chris)...I appreciate it.  THANK YOU!

 YOU, yes I'm looking at YOU!


 I've made some awesome friends out there and I'm grateful for every single one of you. I'll be going to the hospital this morning and Chris will be with the kids while I'm in prep and surgery. I have no doubt they'll be off having fun adventures because my husband is the master of distraction. It's a gift. He'll update on social media because like a net, it captures everyone. Of course he will call my mom personally...DON'T WORRY, MOM! :)

Here we go. We're jumping into this adventure with both feet.


Total side note: In my sleeplessness lately, I noticed that I have written 173 posts since I started at the end of December. Whew. I talk a lot. When I went to my stats, I wasn't overly surprised with my top 5 visited posts of all time. I thought I would post them for you all in case you just joined me on this adventure or if there were some you missed out on reading. I also included my own top 5 favorite posts that I've written .Enjoy!

 Have a great day, everyone. Tuck is up so I have
 to catch a quick snuggle before my day begins. 

Top 5 most popular posts:


Top 5 of my personal favorites:


My writing piece that won a contest: 
 

8 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today and sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way. Can't wait until you're pain free and this is all in the past. Love you lots - and get better so we can come visit you, mkay? And if you wanna play words while you're under anesthesia, I won't stop you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your son has mastered the appropriate use of the maniacal laugh!

    Hoping everything goes as smoothly as possible, and liking forward to hearing your voice again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Guap! I'll be around in a few days, I think. :) looking forward to Friday Foolishness, though!

      Delete
  3. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You have an awesome, supportive family. This will be a new beginning for you all....pain free! Can't wait to see what Chris came up with to distract the kids. Painted faces? Being mommy's superhero? Love you Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always has something up his sleeve.:)

      Thanks for all the support! Xo

      Delete
  4. I love this idea ... The Best of Mel. And I love that you have junior bodyguards looking out for you. I'll definitely be taking a look at some of these posts over the next few days as you recuperate. Keep in touch. We're all thinking about you over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for ALL the support you've given since we found out. I appreciate it more than you know!

    Over the next few days, please excuse the random texts or PM's. I'm in bed with time on my hands...making sill documents with fun ideas in them. (wink wink)

    Bring on August!

    ReplyDelete