Wednesday, June 20, 2012

THINGS I'M AFRAID TO TELL YOU

This post is in response to a clever link-up I found through my friend, Michele at ODNT.  It is called Things I’m Afraid to Tell You,’. After some hemming and hawing, I decided to give it a try, too. Here we go!




1. I have a confession to make. I like it when things end in the numbers zero or five. Hopefully this post will have five or ten things exactly. Speaking of numbers...


2. I attended Catholic School for 13 years and was taught by the nuns of Notre Dame. Speaking of nuns...


3. I was taught sex ed by a nun. I was dared by a friend to ask said nun, "If you've never had sex, how do you know how it feels?." As soon as the question came out of my mouth, I was sent to the vice-principal's office.
Speaking of things coming out of my mouth...


4.. I often laugh uncontrollably when I am nervous or embarrassed. Speaking of being embarrassed...


5. I would get so embarrassed as a kid when a couple would kiss on TV, like Batman and Cat Woman. I still get that way as an adult when there is a romantic moment in a movie or show. Speaking of kissing....


6. I kissed my husband first. I had to know and he was being too much of a gentlemen. Speaking of gentlemen....


7. Have you read 50 Shades of Grey? I can't make it through that book for the life of me. It must be all the guilt put into me by the nuns. Speaking of guilt...


8. My husband says I wake up feeling guilty because I say "I'm sorry" for everything even when it isn't my fault. (I apologize for the length of this post) Speaking of waking up...


9. I watched the entire series of the X-Files through all nine months of my  pregnancy with our first child between the hours of 1AM and 5AM. Speaking of 5AM....


10 That's the time I'll be up with the four-year-old. She still doesn't sleep through the night. So what's the confession I have to make? I'M. REALLY. REALLY. TIRED!  


Good night!

11 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the approach. And funny too. So glad you joined in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. Great idea for a link-up!

      Delete
  2. I loved it. I'm sorry I didn't do it as well. And speaking of sorry ...

    Number 8. Oh, my God. That's what I've been told my whole life by my friends, my mother-in-law and, fine, my therapist. Well, one of them anyway, And speaking of therapists ...

    I guess that should have made my list. And speaking of lists ...

    Well, I guess I shouldn't keep stealing your thunder. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, I could relate to a lot of yours as well. You can be my lightning to my thunder. My Katniss to...:P

      Delete
    2. Y'all had me as a comedy duo at, "And speaking of sorry..." but you had to go with , "My Katniss to..." and I teared up a little.

      Delete
    3. HAHA! Glad we could provide some entertainment to someone out there! :P We are goofballs.

      Delete
  3. And yet, despite all your other fears, you have embraced the segue.
    I think you're getting over your aversion to displays of intimacy - four things on your list related to that.

    Or you're really terrified by it...

    Great list, wonderful delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliantly entertaining and honest response. You tempt me to try it, but I don't think I've been blogging long enough for anyone to give a rat's rump what I am afraid to tell you. For the record: I was afraid to tell you that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it! DO IT!! People would care and you'd meet other fun bloggers! DO IT! :P

      Delete