Saturday, June 16, 2012

TRIFEXTRA: Free Milk and a Cow

This post is in response to Trifecta's Trifextra Weekend Challenge. Here's what they asked us to do:

"We're going back to an old faithful, mostly because it delights us to see the stories you create from our photos.  Please give us a creative piece inspired by the photo below.  You have two options for word count: you can either give us 33 words or 333 words.  Please note: we are not asking for a post between 33 and 333 words.  We are asking for a post that is exactly 33 words or exactly 333 words."


A cow for me!
Milk, you’ll see.
She obviously needs a place to stay.
I’ll wash her, love her, and feed her hay.
Wait...what’s that smell?
Move along. I wish you well.


18 comments:

  1. I love this poem!! It really captures what is going on in the mind of a kid! They want the cute little pet...until smelly reality sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear girl, just wait until you smell the far end of a big pig. Even worse than the cow, I assure you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww! JQ, I take it you have? You need a big hug. :)

      Delete
  3. Cute writing. An interesting exploration for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gives a whole new meaning to "Don't have a cow, man."

    Cute story. No cow for Mags. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She drinks enough milk that a cow may be cheaper. :) But I don't think it would like it on the mountain. A goat perhaps? Where was I going with this?
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Just like a child - they want the cute and cuddly without the smelly. Good thing parents aren't like that with children :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you see that connection. I was going to go that route with the diaper comparison, but I think I filled my quota on poop entries a few entries ago. ;)

      Delete
  6. LOL. The best one I've come across so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up to Trifextra this weekend. The challenge this weekend will be judged by the community. So please come back to the Trifecta home page and click the stars next to the three posts you most enjoyed. You only have until Monday at 8 am EST, so hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would do it for me, too! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute story! Nice take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, any child who sees a cute animal wants to take it home. the smell, though, would be an excellent deterrent any parent could appreciate

    ReplyDelete