Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DO YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS?

Chris: "It's not going to stop raining any time soon, I say we just walk back to the condo in it. It's not too far."

This sounded like a brilliant idea. I was up for some adventure and it was a warm rain. I mean, really, what's a little rain? 

Our first "big kid" night out was fun. We had hung out on the beach all day capturing pictures of "treed" teenagers, reading, and people watching. More of the latter for me because the beach is a bountiful place for that past time in more ways that you can imagine. Anyway, we got all gussied up and headed out to a restaurant multiple people had told us to splurge at. 


The restaurant was fun. Live music was booming, a beautiful breeze was whispering through the outside dining area, and there were plenty of yummy drinks. I am not a "foo foo" drink girl myself, but I have always had a hard time resisting anything that had the "Key Lime" flavor attached to it. I spotted a Key Lime pie Martini and I was sold. It seriously tasted like I was drinking a melted piece of Key Lime pie. (I agree, my description makes it sound gross, but it was one the best girly drinks I ever had.) 


Chris and I spotted lots of "look-alikes". The aunt from Harry Potter, Skipper from Gilligan's Island, Jimmy Buffet, the blonde bad guy from Die Hard, and my favorite of the night, HULK HOGAN. As he walked toward me, I told Chris what I was seeing. You know what my husband did? He posed for me so that I could pretend to take a picture of him and get the doppelgänger in the picture. That's true love right there OR being as crazy as your wife. Either way, it works for me. 

Hulkamania
As we finished up our dinner and drinks, we heard thunder. Then the rain came. It wasn't a sprinkle either, it was a torrential downpour. After sitting and trying to wait it out for 20 minutes, we decided it wasn't going to let up any time soon. So, being without kids and full of drinks, we decided to go take a walk in the rain. We stepped outside under the restaurant's awning where everyone from inside was waving to us and yelling,

"Good luck out there." 

How bad could it be? It was just a little...well...it was a LOT of rain! We were drenched within the first two minutes. We didn't care, though.


It was a blast! We jumped in puddles the whole way home. 
And made a great little memory for ourselves.


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and Chris had a blast! Love the photos! Now I want a Key Lime Martini, and it isn't even Noon! So glad you guys are having fun and getting to play a lot here in The Sunshine State. Wonder what marketing genius came up with that state slogan. Clearly one who was never here during summer afternoons! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy people playing in the rain.
    Best kind of love there is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we call that a doppleganger. when someone looks exactly like someone else....

    ReplyDelete