Monday, July 23, 2012

KIDS, GLORIOUS KIDS

Me: "How long do you think it will take for us to start talking about the kids?"
Chris: "Isn't asking that question technically talking about the kids?"

No matter how hard we try when we're on a date or in this case, on a trip ALONE, the kids are always with us. Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of other things to talk about, but there are so many things that remind us of our munchkins while we are not with them. 

As I looked through the pictures from our "big kid" trip, I noticed a pattern. A lot of our pictures were taken FOR the kids. There were so many cool things we saw that we knew they would have loved to see too. Chris and I both found ourselves pointing them out to each other, snapping a picture of whatever it was, and texting it to my mom to show the kids. 

What kind of pictures? Well, thanks for asking! I'll show you and I'm sure you'll agree there is no way we could have passed these up.

That's right. An iguana basking in the sun, a huge freight ship, a draw bridge and a blimp. Please note there were MULTIPLE pictures taken of each. I just chose the best out of the bunch.

No matter where we looked, it seemed everything reminded us of the kids. I spotted this car and immediately yelled,

"Chris, look! It's Lizzie from Cars. Quick, take a picture of me and the car so we can show the kids."


Sure, there were interesting facts about the car on a piece of paper in the window, but we were more excited to show Tuck "who" we found. We then continued our walk to the beach. Along the way, talking about the kids (of course), we saw this and both took a picture. 



I text it to my mom and asked Tuck what he thought made this. I knew full well he would answer, "WOLVERINE!". Ahh, a nerdlet in the making.


As the days went on at the beach, our pace slowed in talking about the kids.  

That is, until I saw this little guy.



22 comments:

  1. Those are cool pictures. I can see why you'd want to show your kids. They are never far from our minds are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And God for the kiss to know you were thinking about them.
    Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "good" & "kids".
      Silly phone...

      Delete
    2. My husband I are the same if we get a minute away from from the kids we just talk or worry or laugh about them. They are everything! Great post.

      Delete
  3. Great picutes. Newest follower from THIF hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool pics!! Stopping by from the TGIF blog hop and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one! It doesn't matter how hard we try, we just can't stop thinking about those little people! Thanks for linking up this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the blog hop feature!! Popping in from the hop to say Hi & follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah we do the exact same thing! Great pics, I love the iguana!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful! That snail is beautiful! I would have done the same thing with the car. We took a family picture with Lightning and Mater at Disneyland and I really wanted to have one of just me and Mater, but the line behind me was so long, I felt silly. Now I'm so sad I didn't. I guess I was too star struck! LOL!

    Hopping by from TGIF blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we only have our kids for a short time in our long lives, yes we need time away, but we can't help but think of them as they are so much a part of our lives. i do the same thing when im away from them, just think and do all the things they would have enjoyed doing with me too.
    Stopping over from the blog hop! will be back to check out some old posts, they all sound so interesting.
    www.myjampackedlife.com. me and my life packed full of my kids. J, A, and M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower from the blog hop! Isn't is sad how sometimes you can't just "let it go?" I mean, I know we all love our children endlessly, but GOSH! My husband works ALL the time and we rarely get time together, so it's happened more than once that I fill him in on funny stuff that has happened and on my day during "intimate times." That or I'll blurt out, "Oh, your mom called today." He's brought it to my attention this is a major mood killer. LOL But I seriously can't help it sometimes! Great post, great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do the same thing. My hubby and I went to play tennis and all we talked about after was "how can we bring the kids next time?".
    So cool you found Lizzie! We were at a car show tonight and say the Sherrif :o)
    New follower from the blog hop
    http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Follower from the TGIF hop!
    Misty @ monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower from the blog hop. Stop by Apples and Peanut Butter if you can:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mel! I'm popping over from the Blog Hop. I saw this one earlier this week. I'm a quiet stalker.
    I love that you got a picture of Lizzy. I remember seeing "Flo" and "Sally" out in public and stopping the kids to point them out.
    And talking about the kids... we don't even try to not talk about them. There's no escape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great trip, and it's totally normal as far as I'm concerned, if we're not with our little girl, we're talking about her!! enjoyed my visit, and look forward to reading more!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. newest follower from the blog hop! Looking forward to checking out more of your family happenings :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are always thinking of our kids too, it's only natural. Just stopped by from the blog hop and now a follower!! Looking forward to more post!!

      Delete
  17. New follower from the Blog Hop!!! Hope you'll follow back. Our kids are our lives too! We hardly ever stop talking about them when we're on a date! We just love them and want to share everything with them...love your blog. Hope to get to know you better.
    Kelly @ Exceptionalistic
    http://exceptionalistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by to say hi from the blog hop! Sounds like we have a lot in common and I am looking forward to reading more :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's funny how we never really do give birth. they go from our womb into our minds. I take lots of pictures, too, for reminiscing. thank god for digital cameras and photo storage sites because I could never afford the film and developing for all the pics I take.

    Found you on Blog Hop and I'm glad I did!

    Jenny (Imperfect Mommy)

    ReplyDelete