Monday, July 16, 2012

WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!

I saw something yesterday on the beach. Walking towards the scene, it took me a minute to figure out what was happening. After I got over my initial mommy moment of "GET DOWN FROM THERE, YOU ARE GOING TO GET HURT!", I really took in what was happening. 

A college-aged guy, being egged on by his inebriated friends, shimmied himself up a Palm tree. It was like watching George of the Jungle; he was that quick. Once he was up there, he started plucking the fruit from the top and throwing it down. His friends cheered and danced around like cavemen while they collected the falling treats. Then...the guy was literally "treed". He couldn't figure out how to get down and his friends, being no help, were offering up suggestions like, 

"Just jump." or "Grab one of the green things (pretty sure the guy meant the Palm frond) and swing down." 

He doesn't hang out with the brightest bunch, does he? 

Anyway, I tweeted this out and my friend, Becky, suggested I use the picture for another CAPTION CONTEST. Great idea, dear friend! (If you missed my first one, you could visit here to check out the picture and the funny entries.) Last time our winners got their names' posted in lights and on fire. This time, I thought the winner (or winners) could be posted like this:

Font credit: http://flamingtext.com
The rules are simple.
1. Come up with a caption OR conversation.
2. It needs to be in the comments under this post to be considered. 
3. Remember, this is a family blog. 
4. The winner (please let there be entries) will be chosen in the next few days.
5. The winner will have their name on the blog in the above tree-like font. 

Without further ado, I give you the picture: 


Have fun...and don't jump!

21 comments:

  1. Wanna hang out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What? I thought I saw a mouse."

    (Among the rejected ideas were the Hang in There poster kitty, Katniss sleeping in trees and a fireman's pole.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute! Trying to act all cool that he's stuck.
      Your rejected ideas were very funny, too. As I told Amy, enter as many times as you want, have time for, etc.... :)

      Delete
  3. I got lost on my way to the kegger...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Dude, do you think diaper cream will work on tree trunk groin burn"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That visual is priceless! Nice job.

      Delete
  5. Look, the kid who got his tongue stuck to the lamppost in "A Christmas Story" finally made it to college in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious George made this look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You appeal to our LOVE of all things Curious George. Very smart! :P

      Delete
  7. "Paul...Paul, I can see your house from here."
    "That's right, we're making the freshest pina coladas EVER!"
    "Surveillance Manual Chapter 3: How NOT To Do It"

    If he's high, "AAAAGGGHHH!!! Little Justin Biebers everywhere!!! GETEMAWAYGETEMAWAY!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are awesome. I especially love the Justin Beiber one!!

      Delete
  8. "I'm telling ya I can see Margaritaville from here!"

    ReplyDelete