Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WONDERS OF LIGHT

This post is in response to Trifecta's Weekly Challenge. They choose a word and ask us to write a story using the third definition of that word in a 33-333 word story. As soon as I saw the word, my mind immediately went to one of my favorite pictures of our daughter watching the fireworks show last Fourth of July. 
 
FIREWORKS (noun)

3: plural
     a : display of temper or intense conflict
     b : a spectacular display <the fireworks of autumn leaves>

 
Fizz, whistle, pop, BOOM!
Eyes explode, mouth agape.  
Fireworks of expression illuminating towards the sky.
An unbridled gasp, a sudden squeal masked by the fizzling remnants of light.
A face of pure ebullition.

15 comments:

  1. I like the way you turned the fireworks around -- that joy is just as dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is great. I agree with Annabelle--you turned this around very well! And...I like the word 'ebullition.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent word choice. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her expression! That's what pure joy looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tihs is how it is exactly. Word to word truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you combined the actual fireworks with the emotional display exquisitely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The writing is great and the picture of her is precious! She is so stinking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is how I hope to watch fireworks, with this thrilled and exuberant look on my face. Beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Wonderful use of words with a brilliant photo!

    I have just tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award! Congratulations!

    http://www.momsnewstage.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a totally adorable little face!! I just love that smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. That is just how it feels to watch them watch the fireworks. Very clever use of the word. Thanks for linking up. Please come back Friday for the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you've done here - Beautiful picture. What a capture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic use of the word here, and what a great picture. We could all stand to be that joyful, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that 'ebullition' is one of your tags. Great entry. Great picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your entries for these get better and better!

    ReplyDelete