Friday, August 17, 2012

100 Word Song: Enunciation Is Key

My friend, Lance over at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog, holds a link-up party each week. It’s called the 100 Word Song. He has a lucky reader choose a tune of their choice and then asks that we all listen to it and write a story about it in...you got it...100 words.

This week he posted the name of the song on Twitter.  While I was sweeping through quickly, I read the song choice as “Pee A Grape”. I instinctively crossed my legs and winced. What in the world is wrong with these songwriters? Is there anything sacred anymore? Now they're writing about passing grapes? Maybe they meant kidney stones? Then I reread. It said, “PEEL Me A Grape” by Diana Krall. That made a lot more sense...well...not really...but it was a less disturbing (and painful) sounding title at least. So, I tweeted my 140 character misread to Lance and he encouraged me to write this interpretation for his link-up. After I looked up the song and listened, it wasn’t as bad as I thought.

So, just for you Lance, here we go:

ENUNCIATION IS KEY

Diana: “I really want to write a song expressing how a man is at my beckon call.”
Friend: “So the song would be a dream sequence?”
Diana: “No. It would be a list of all the things that a high-maintenance woman would ask a dude to do for her.”
Friend: “Pop the cork out of champagne? She wouldn’t want to break a nail.”
Diana: “How about feed her a grape. Oh! And peel it first!”
Friend: “PEE A GRAPE? Ewww! That’s a little over the top!”
Diana: “Noooo! PEELLLL a grape, Silly!”

Friend: “Just make sure you really enunciate  that.”


9 comments:

  1. Hilarious!
    Your explanation at the top had me wincing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Can you imagine? Ahhhhhh! Now I'm wincing again!

      Delete
  2. Loved it!

    I wanna be the friend. I wanna be the friend ... NOW!

    (said in my best Veruca Salt voice)

    ReplyDelete
  3. speak clearly and precisely. shudder - I can still hear one of the hs nuns shouting that to us during drama practices. ENUNCIATE!!!

    Yup, that's important. (wincing)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! And a valuable lesson at that. ALWAYS enunciate.

    ReplyDelete