Saturday, August 18, 2012

Trifextra: Extinguishing The Fire

This post is in response to Trifecta's Trifextra Weekend Challenge. They prompted us to do the following:

Last month we asked you to give us a killer opening line in exactly 33 words. This week we're asking for an equally amazing closing line.

I had a hard time with the opening sentence, until I turned to one of my favorite stories that I have written called The Fire. I thought I would continue on with this theme and write the ending to it. 



Extinguishing The Fire

She'd grown beyond her years. He had dissipated from their lives as if he were never there. Yet he had been. And he would forever be a residual mark left on her heart.



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like this would be a great story. I think I would close the book with a satisfied smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poignant and sad. This is an ending that works like a great opener. I want to go to page one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special people leave a mark on our hearts and sometimes people who damage us do too. I'm sad that he's gone if he was one of the special ones. At least she grew from the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the image of the mark -- this one faint, but still there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that se had grown beyond her years but he was nothing but a residual! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great job with the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job with the prompt. I think we all have some of those residual marks, don't we? Thanks for linking up with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I knew the same guy! I love how deftly you engendered my empathy.

    ReplyDelete