Friday, August 31, 2012

Trifextra: In Due Time

This weekend's challenge for Trifecta is short and sweet. As soon as I read the prompt, I knew my three words instantly. Here's what they are asking us to do: 

Robert Frost one said, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."  We want you to do the same.  Sum up anything you want, but do it in three words.  Your response should mirror Frost's quote by beginning, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about--."  And the last four words are yours to choose. 

In Due Time

In three words I can sum up everything 
I've learned about time: it fools you.


33 comments:

  1. Great! A perfect line.
    Transcendant, even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to see yours. ;)

      Delete
  2. Time? Did someone ask the time? Slowly he turned . . .

    Gah! THAT proves just how old I am. :) (props for any who know where this came from)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good line :D Awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well done! You really got it right.
    I'm going to have to give this one some thought. I want to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got that right! When you're young, it drags by, and then when you're older you can't get it to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've shown me how it should be done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm fooled all the time with time! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... into thinking you always have plenty of it, right?

    Stupid time.

    Well said, Trifecta linker #1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have soooo much time, Michele. You know that. Bon Bons and X-Files all day long. :P

    Thanks! I was kinda excited about that #1 spot. I won't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK - Blogger ate my comment before I could hit enter. Hmmmm... Take two. I really like that, and I really hope I can get back to being a regular commenter over here. I've been stretched so thin this summer, but I hate being silent when I really really enjoy your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I feel the exact same about your stuff. I can't wait to get back to my regular reading and commenting. "See" you soon!

      Delete
  11. Doesn't it? Seems especially true when the kiddos start school/growing away from you.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that. My mom says that and she is always right. Great quote.

    ReplyDelete