Saturday, August 4, 2012

TRIFEXTRA: The Ugly Mel-Ling

This post is in response to Trifecta's weekend challenge. Their prompt this weekend was short and sweet: "Tell us an original fable in exactly 33 words." 
As ODNT and I sit in our hotel room after a day of attending sessions and meeting new people at the Blogher conference, we decompressed in our hotel room by doing what? Trifecta...(We are dorks!)

THE UGLY MEL-LING
Teeth buck. Body gangly. Chest flat.
Mouth chock full of metal. Her style ever awkward.
Tears flow through many thoughtless words.
Time passes. Teeth straighten.
An hourglass shape appears...along with her boobs.


9 comments:

  1. yep....unfortubately I saw this happens to my daughtr afew years ago...its killing me now.

    very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect description. As a father of two "grown up" girls, I can identify. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience will net you cleavage. Too bad for me this doesn't work in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to print this and hang it in my office. My middle schoolers could really use this wisdom some days. Hell, so could I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! Teeth buck! Perfect opener! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like the story of the ugly duckling! Very nice ending - love the imagery. Hourglass shape to go with the passing time to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see a happy ending once in a while.

    ReplyDelete