The Zamzee came into our life at the conference BlogHer'12. When I brought it home, Chris, being a techie kind of guy, wasted no time taking them out of their packages, checking out the website and setting up our accounts.
Wait...what the heck is a Zamzee, you ask?
"Zamzee is a meter that measures activity and
a website that makes moving fun!"
Our family enjoys a little healthy competition among ourselves. This little gadget, that clips comfortably to your clothes, combines technology and activity. These are two things that our family loves to share together.
Here are some highlights of what we've learned about this family friendly gadget and website:
1.The Zamzee website provides different challenges that you can sign up for. Each challenge is set by time. There are challenges that are 5 to 45 minutes long that you can choose from and each has point levels attached.
2. The activity "pointz" that are attached to some challenges earn you "Zams".
3. "Zams" can be traded for real life products such as plush animal toys and games for the XBox games and so much more.
4. You can earn "pointz" for a variety of reasons. One of my favorites, and that Tuck mentions above in his quote, is they reward you for being up and moving by 10AM.
5. I LOVE seeing my "pointz" wrack up for all the activity I've done when I plug in my meter at the end of the day. I feel so accomplished.
6. The variety in the level of challenges is well done. They allow you to choose just how much you want to push yourself that day. I find it works well with my busy, changing schedule.
7. When you choose a challenge, the Zamzee website counts down the time for you on their site. Then it reminds you to plug in your meter when the time of the challenge is complete. That way you can see how many "pointz" you've earned.
8. The website is organized, clean and user friendly.
9. We liked that you could create a single account and then group all our accounts together into a family account.
10. We needed some help along the way in setting up our family account. The email correspondence was quick, efficient and very friendly.
11. One of our Zamzees took a hit from the kids. (Turns out wrestling with the Zamzee is not a great idea.) When it broke and wouldn't upload the data to our computer, we simply emailed email@example.com. A replacement meter is headed our way this week.
12. The meter itself is very lightweight and compact. It clips to your clothing easily.
13. We offered some suggestions for new challenges to Zamzee on Twitter. They were appreciative and encourage any helpful suggestions you can give them to help make their product most effective for you.
14.Chris is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his replacement Zamzee. They asked that he send the damaged one back to them so they can figure out what parts were damaged and how they can keep it from happening again.
15. We've really enjoyed collecting "pointz", completing challenges, but most of all, working together as a family!
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
ZAMZEE IS GIVING ME A METER
TO GIVE AWAY!
Simply leave a comment below about your favorite way to stay active
and you are entered to win a free Zamzee meter. It's that simple!
Deadline is Midnight on August 31st.
I'll announce the winner on September 1st (my birthday).