Saturday, September 1, 2012

ACCORDING TO MY FRIENDS...

Mags: "Mama, what do you want for your birthday?"
Me: "Just to be with you guys all day. That would make me happy."
Mags: "How about you buy us Slurpees? You LOVE buying us Slurpees."
Me: "Great plan, Mags."
Mags: "I know."

Do you know what I woke up to this morning? A beautiful post from my husband and INCREDIBLE PEOPLE from all over! That's what! I am humbled by your words, cards, funny comments, texts, time you put into some awesome surprises and support of all things Mel. How in the world did I get so lucky? I have no idea. You all, Y'all, Youse are amazing. 

What else did I wake up to? A blog birthday surprise from some of the best people in the Bloggerverse. I'd just like to point out that Michele from ODNT (give her a big wave) just fought through Hurricane Isaac. She is a force to be reckoned with and I admire her incredible strength and ability to be a "WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!" kind of woman.

She was joined by these unbelievable friends in wishing me a Happy Birthday. I had the biggest smile on my face while reading through them all. I am humbled by your words and love you all! Their posts are each unique, just like them. I am so lucky to know each and every one of you!
And, I must be off. My sweet Tuck seems to have caught Strep in the past seven days he has been in school. WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!

Thanks again, for all the love and support. 
Without you people I would be wandering around aimlessly. :)

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean! Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. But oh, the stories you'd bring back from your wanderings!

    Have a Happy-Slurpee-and blankets-on-the-couch-with-games-and-movies-Birthday!
    Rock on, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's awesome to be on the couch relaxing. Boo to the sick boy! But he'll be back up and running in no time. :)

      Delete
  3. Exactly Guap! Leave it Mags to come up with the best idea for your birthday. SLURPEES! I'm sure she's just looking out for Tuck. That would probably feel good on his throat. Poor guy! Glad I got to get in on the fun. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, friend! If you're not careful, you might just catch up to ME! Have a great day!

    And thanks to my fellow conspirators who ... quite frankly ... deserve most of the credit here for carrying me and this fun, little project through Hurricane Isaac. You guys are all truly the bomb. Thanks for making my friend smile today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember, I'm older on the inside? :P

      Y'all did a fantastic job. I was flabbergasted! Thanks so much. You guys know how to make a girl feel special!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Sugar!
    So glad you get to spend it with sweetness and comfort!
    It was so much fun to be a part of planning this surprise for you. We all love you so much.
    Big germ-free hugs birthday love!
    (hope you get some of that, too, after the kids are asleep!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted the same thing twice. Maybe I should be the one on the couch today...

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your day!! There's nothing more wonderful than to be surrounded by family and friends on your special day!

    ReplyDelete