Thursday, September 6, 2012

MULTITASKING

This past week I guest hosted on my friend Lance's weekly link-up called 100 Word Song. I was excited to be at the helm. Through him, I also found another thoughtful link-up called 100 Words by Velvet Verbosity. Her word this week was "flew". I felt that my entry for Lance (about a man pondering whether to stay or go) also fit into Velvet Verbosity's link-up. In other words, I'm multitasking.

I WANT TO PUSH YOU AROUND

He sat on his couch with the remote in his hand flipping aimlessly through the channels. The motion of the buttons under his fingertips were sensed, but his thoughts were seized by her. Why was his adoration mistaken for deception? Perhaps he should just be what she expected. Her forceful reaction to push him away caused a stubborn counter-action to pull her closer. He knew he had to rebuild her rickety, disregarded structure. And in order to do that, he’d have to strategically place reinforcements to keep her from collapsing entirely. And in the end, she just might feel good.



3 comments:

  1. ohh. I like this. My favorite line "His thoughts were seized by her". Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bo! I tried to really dig down deep for this one. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Bo, great line. Sounds like storms ahead!

    ReplyDelete