Friday, September 14, 2012

WHO I AM IN FIVE MINUTES

I found this prompt through a blogger, Erin Margolin. She lead me to Jana's Thinking Place where I found this thoughtful writing exercise. I have done one of these before, where I just 'brain drain' and I liked it a lot. So, I thought I would give this one a try, too.
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spell checking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Use the (optional) prompt 'I AM_______'


I am Mel, Melissa, Mama, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Friend.

I am a seeker of quiet. 

I am hard on myself.

I am fierce in protecting those I adore.

I am learning.

I am re-defining who I am for myself.

I am creating goals and expectations. 

I am trying to figure out what my purpose is in this world.

I am taking a risk in my writing. 

I am one who needs a kick in the butt every once in a while.

I am someone who wants to give back. 

I am a runner who doesn't look at her mile times anymore. 

I am a mom who thinks the purple jelly stain on her shirt adds "a little something".

I am bursting with pride at the site of my kid's little and big milestones.

I am a wife to a husband that can make me laugh so hard I have tears streaming down my face. 

I am in love. 

I am out of time.

Whew! That was hard. Who are you? :)


14 comments:

  1. What a great post! BTW .. You are right about the jelly stains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheehehe, right? Purple always makes things look better. :P

      Delete
  2. Wow Mags...it was awesome!!! Plus I learned something about you, that you are awe-some and fantastic, funny and ferocious!

    It was just perfect....now to go write mine. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mags...it was awesome!!! Plus I learned something about you, that you are awe-some and fantastic, funny and ferocious!

    It was just perfect....now to go write mine. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece, Mags! I related to just about every line, especially this: I am trying to figure out what my purpose is in this world.

    SO happy you linked up with the prompt. Hooray!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a person it is a delight to learn more about.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! So so glad you joined us! It's such a fun exercise to write freely for 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming up with it. So glad to have found your site!

      Delete
  7. Story of a Girl, to You know it happens at your house too back to you... I'm doing this now. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this one? Well, thanks to YKIHAYHT, I was prompted to look back and see it. I'm a little afraid that my "I am ..." would either be terribly dull or a pack of lies. Sigh.

    Very well written, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boring is NOT a word that comes to mind when I think of you! :) I bet it would be great. It's a great exercise. You should try it. ;)

      Delete