Monday, October 22, 2012

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS

Today is deemed "Romantic Monday" by the man behind the blog Edward Hotspur. The rules are simple. Write a blog post that celebrates Romance. That's it. Since I talk about the kids A LOT on this blog...about the kids...I thought I would talk a little bit about the man behind it all. To be fair, I sprinkle him into posts, but never a whole post just about him. I think he deserves one, don't you? Yes. Good! Here we go. 


Mags: "Can I wear your ring, Mama?"
Me: "No, Mags, this is my wedding ring. It's very special to me and I don't want it to get lost by accident."
Mags: "That's the ring that means you're married to Daddy?"
Me: "Yep. Sure does. It means that we'll be together for our whole lives."
Mags: "And he can never, ever escape from you. EVER?!?"
Chris: (looks at me, smirks) "Yep. That's about right, Mags."
Me: (sigh)

He's my constant. The one person in this world who knows me better than I know myself. The keeper of all my secrets. The man whose face lights up at the sight of his children. My guide in finding that one more ounce of patience to make it through the day. He's a gentle reminder that it's not as bad as it may seem. He's one to see both sides of the situation. A thinker outside of the box. His laugh is contagious and his humor is my own. A brain full of movie facts. A bottomless pit of patience. The person who others depend on. He's a hard worker and a creative writer. His determination is unmatchable.

Our romance is simple. It's the smile he flashes, the way he suffers silently through vampire movies, the unexpected cup of coffee he makes, the quick dance in the kitchen, how he keeps me guessing, the piles of laundry he folds, the way he wrangles the kids, the killer of ginormous spiders, and the listener of all my silly whispers. 

I love you, Chris, more than I could ever say.

Even when you do things like place a Hannibal Lecter cardboard 
cutout to fall forward at me when I open my closet door. 
It is  Halloween season after all.
 Also, his marriage proposal to me was unforgettable.
You can read about it in my past post, My Wish For You.
 



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! In all your posts, at the very least he's three peripherally.
    Nice to see him get the romantic spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is no ordinary love...

    Loved it, Mags! Great post, and true love if you can weather Hannibal Lector without batting an eyelash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to it. Hannibal has made an appearance before in our house. :) Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  3. You make your husband watch vampire movies and kill spiders!!?? It's clearly true love. I can barely get through movies about sparkly vampires...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I repay him by watching his SuperHero movies and scary movies. Or at least I try. Hee hee!Thank for visiting!

      Delete
  4. How sweet! I love it. My poor husband (of almost six months) endures much of my folly as well, bless his heart. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And congrats on your "newer" nuptials. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. What are you cheering him on for? His sweetness or scaring the crap out of me? :)

      Delete
  6. perfect mix of romance and horror. That's marriage for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. My eyes needed a good rinsing. Thanks. Beards are good. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. You are so sweet. Thanks for reading!

      Delete