Friday, October 12, 2012

THROUGH THE EYES OF A MAGS

Yesterday, Mags and I went for a walk around the mountain. We made it to the house up the street where we got side tracked. Why, you ask? Well, our neighbors decorated for Halloween. 

Hold on, let me clarify. When I say "decorate" their yard, I really mean "DECK OUT" their yard. Most of these figures you see in the pictures will stay up year round and be used for multiple different holidays. Santa hats and bunny ears make any ghoul look less ghastly, after all. 

As we approached the house, I wasn't sure about having Mags see them. That was, until she started describing to me what was going on in their yard. I thought I would snap some pictures and share her version with you. It's amazing to me how differently I see these creatures having been exposed to them through horror movies. 

So, without further ado, I give you our neighbor's Halloween decor seen through the eyes of Mags: 


"Look at Frankenstein. He's so nice. His wife was tired, 
so he's carrying her home."
(That corpse, you mean?)



"Oh no, Mama! That man is hurt. See the guy with that mask on? 
He's bringing him to the doctor over there."
(Does she not notice the large butcher knife in his other hand? 
And dragging him by the hair is definitely not the best method.)



"The doctor will fix him up. Right now he's helping someone else."
(And by "helping", she means "hurting". )


"But he can just sit with his friends in the waiting room."
(With friends like these, who needs enemies?)


"Look at this silly vampire. He's playing hide and seek behind the tree."
(I don't want to be the one to find him, though. Olly, olly oxen free!)


"All these guys look like they are going to a Halloween party."
(Yes. And at the party they'll be serving BRAAAAAAINS.) 




Of course, it's always a bummer when the party is over after Halloween. 
But no worries! Christmas will be here in a few months and 
then they can all celebrate on the porch with Santa! See?

(You thought I was just kidding about the Santa hats, didn't you?)


10 comments:

  1. OH. MY. WORLDS. These people are intense. And...they...i...i'm just glad they aren't my neighbors. Ever. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Super intense and each year they add more. :P

      Delete
  2. She is priceless! I see a budding young writer!
    Keep her away from the neighbors, though. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm seeing actress, but you never know. :P

      Delete
  3. That is fantastic. I love her version. You just never know what's going on in their little minds. I love how innocent they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Finding the Funny.

    Too, too funny. Who would have thought there was any other way to look at ghouls than as ghouls? Leave it to the littles. Love it!

    Anyway, it’s nice to “meet” you! Hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,

      Great to meet you. I'm on my way. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Newest follower here! I found you through the Friday blog hop! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am a little nervous about your neighbors, but I love your daughter's comments! Sometimes my own kids get nervous at the houses that really go all out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Coming through from the TGIF Blog hop! Wow, those people have gone to so much effort! It's crazy! But also kinda awesome :)
    Crissy

    ReplyDelete