Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trifextra: Lost Girl

This post is in response to Trifecta's weekend challenge. They are bringing a little Halloween spirit into it, so it was one I could not turn down. Thanks, Trifecta! Here's what they are asking for:

We want thirty three words that are somehow related to Hurston's zombie sighting.  How you structure your response is entirely up to you.


LOST GIRL
My screams are muted. My sight is skewed. My body is not my own. 
 I’ve been invaded.  And no one can help me. The hunger I feel is insatiable. I’ve lost all hope.

17 comments:

  1. This is a very poignant response to the prompt. And a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Mel. So touching, so heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True for even many humans and perfect for zombies. Good job.
    dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave it to you to make a zombie experience poignant and heartstring-pulling. Nice, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't be too dark. You know it makes me feel all ookie. :P

      Delete
  5. The first I have read from the zombie POV. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought the same. I wanted to think about what she thought.

      Delete
  6. Seconding what Donna said, and an interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The staccato voice of the damned, well found.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chilling!!! I like the use of short sentences to create a mood!

    Barbara @ de rebus

    ReplyDelete