Friday, October 5, 2012

TRUTH BE TOLD...

"Mama, Tuck's gonna come out here and tell you lies about me that are true."

Fibbing, falsification, fabrication, untruth...we've seen these more and more from our little woman, lately. They aren't huge, mind-blowing lies. They are silly, four-year-old lies that she uses to test her boundaries. Normal. But we still want to nip it in the bud. We've tried multiple strategies; 'The Big Bad Wolf', time-outs, imaginative play where I have her dolls tell Mags a lie and then we deal with it together, and so on. 

Here's the thing. I was wondering if YOU have any suggestions or strategies that worked on the fibbing front?

I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments below!


 

 

4 comments:

  1. PAZ E PROSPERIDADE...

    Passando por uma breve visita e quero lhe dizer que adorei o seu blog, Que Deus esteja contigo. sucesso, paz e prosperidade... Parabéns pelo blog. Aguardo a sua visita em meu blog;

    http://inkdesignerstampas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I want to say that that picture is too cute! We have tried to show the girls that if they lie they get in more trouble than they would if they tell the truth. It works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an issue with my daughter lying when she was a bit younger (she's 9 now) and it was, I think, a product of the divorce, changes in our lives, and her not understanding what was going on. We tried, with some success, a book called "I'm Telling the Truth," by Pat Thomas. We read that book a lot before bedtime, sometimes even by her choice. She was 3-4yo at the time.

    Since then and even now, though I can't recall needing to do it recently, if I caught her in a lie, and really as a punishment system in general, I take away some privilege- TV, computer, iPod, something I know she wants, for some specified time, and she seems to not want to do the thing wrong or lie again after that. I'm pretty lucky she's such a good kid.

    ReplyDelete