Monday, November 5, 2012

DECORATING DISMAY

Me: "It looks like Halloween puked in here."
Chris: "Mission accomplished."

I have an issue. A problem, really. I'm going to get it out in the open here, on my blog, because I know I can't be alone. It makes me feel like a big party pooper and I'm not, believe me...except....well....


I cannot stand decorating the house for Halloween and Christmas.

Phew! There, I said it. Honestly, It makes me feel claustrophobic. Don't get me wrong, I love to decorate the dinner table with seasonal table cloths and place mats for the kids. But then Halloween comes and I have to mentally prepare myself for the boxes and boxes of decorations we have accrued over the years. On top of that we always build up the experience. Sure, it starts out sweet, but then we soon hear from the peanut gallery,

"HEEEEEEY! I WANTED THAT SKULL!" (even though there are two that are identical to each other)

And as you can imagine, it spirals downhill from there. Plus the fact that there are more decorations than there are spaces to put them, so things get 'clumped' together. This triggers my panic mode and I immediately flash to the future where we will have TRIPLE the boxes of CHRISTMAS decorations.


This year I've decided ahead of time that I'm going to let it all go. If the decorations are clumpy, so be it. If they are spread all through the house high and low, it is what it is. I need to shut my mouth and go hyperventilate by myself in the bathroom. After all, I won't have these moments for long. And as soon as the fighting starts, I'm pulling out my secret weapon...

HOT CHOCOLATE, ANYONE?






10 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad. You're definitely not the only one who feels like a Scrouge. I used to decorate for every holiday. Now, I basically only decorate for Christmas, and I put out less and less even for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew. Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone! I should come help you decorate. :P

      Delete
  2. "Worst part of decorating...the cleaning it up." She says as several pumpkins are left to rot on her front porch ;) Glad I found your blog on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya. Mine are rotting on my back deck. :P I'm off to visit yours. Glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby always tells me that I have to put our regular decorations away when I put out the holiday decorations, but that's too much work, so everything does just get crowded together. I like decorating - I just don't have a good eye for arranging so it all looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. еach time i uѕed to rеad smaller aгtiсles or revіews ωhich alsо clear theiг motive, and that is also hаppening
    with this paragraph which I am readіng at
    this plaсе.

    Ηere іs mу wеb pagе - www.gossipcity.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. І am in fact thanκful tο the hоlԁеr of this ωebsitе
    who has ѕhaгеd this fantastic
    аrticle at here.

    my blog post www.waterleaf.Eu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rеаԁ thiѕ piece οf writing completely аbout the difference of latest and preceԁing teсhnolοgieѕ, it's amazing article.

    Review my homepage; Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ѕpot on with this ωrite-up, I really believe thіs web sіtе needs a lot more attention.
    I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the information!

    Also visit my blog post Fettverbrennungsofen Erfahrungen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello all, hеre eѵerу ρerson is sharing thеsе kinds of exρerience, sо
    it's fastidious to read this website, and I used to visit this website everyday.

    Also visit my web site: Oral sex

    ReplyDelete