Thursday, November 8, 2012

Flash Fiction Mania: United We Stand

This post is in response to THREE of my favorite flash fiction writing link-ups. All of them are creative and thoughtful in their prompts every week. Lucky me, because this week all three seemed to fit together well. Let's see how this goes, shall we? 

The word is year from Trifecta (Happy Anniversary), vanished from Velvet Verbosity (you rock) and the songs are Election Day by The Replacements and What's My Age Again? by Blink 182 for Lance's 100 Word Song (congrats on your latest publishing successes).

 UNITED WE STAND

It was the year of 1969. People came together in unity to celebrate all the freedoms they shared. In droves they flocked to open fields and promises of rhythms they could throw their bodies into freely. Caked in mud, drowning in love, men and women alike danced through two days of history. All their inhibitions vanished in the wind. Everyone melted into an intoxicating atmosphere. The harsh reality that awaited their exit was no longer existent. They elected to play in the rain,  splash in puddles and ignore the outside fury.  After all, no one should take themselves so seriously.


11 comments:

  1. That last line holds even truer today!

    Great entry, for all prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love , love that last line, but the whole piece is so good.

    "drowning in love" you know that I adore that.

    Great job my friend! I enjoyed every word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by. Love when you do! :)

      Delete
  3. Good piece, hippie.

    I like how tight your phrasing is and how you delivered the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a refreshing post. Loved reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like everyone else, I love the last line and the whole piece (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice write about Woodstock. I wasn't born yet, but I've heard it was one heck of a party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great writing! Loved this piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always lamented that I was born a year too late for this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the portrait you word-painted here - very fun and carefree!

    ReplyDelete