Monday, November 26, 2012

TAKE A SEAT

This post is in response to two fantastic weekly writing prompts. The first is from Lance's 100 Word Song and the second is from Velvet Verbosity's 100 Words. Lance is asking that we respond to the song, Landslide by Fleetwood Mac and Velvet Verbosity is asking us to respond to "what remains". The following is where these prompts took my mind and my writing. 

 
TAKE A SEAT

Insecurity fills my being. Every step I take is questionable. The words of frustration hang in the air, remnants of my day.  And then the creak of floor boards under the the rocking chair soothes my nerves like a lullaby. Two of the greatest parts of me melt into my weary lap. Warm cheeks, hearty laughter, genuine smiles and sweet words rearrange my atmosphere. And in an instant, it happens. Insecurities are erased, questions are answered, frustration is tamed and priorities are in check. Those previous lingering remnants are swept away. And how they see me is who I am.

11 comments:

  1. This is very open and honest. You really pulled at my heart strings with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bo. Writing is so therapeutic, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. the creak in the floorboards is the rock star here and that usually is a antagonist. It's interesting you made it a protagonist. There's a lot inside this 100, Mel. I dig it it the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing, Lance. I worried that it would be seen as the protagonist, but then realized it was how I wrote it in the piece. :) Thanks for catching that!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Lance 100%. This is so beautiful, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I appreciate your sweet words. :)

      Delete
  4. Where would the world be without the light of children setting things right? Sorry you missed the deadline, but good for you for posting anyway!

    ReplyDelete