Monday, November 26, 2012

TO SHAVE OR NOT TO SHAVE...THERE IS NO QUESTION

Chris: "Bye! I'll see you in a couple of days."
Me: "Have a safe trip! Good luck with your presentation." 
Tuck: "I love you, Dad."
Mags: "Have a fun trip. I can't wait until you get home and don't have a beard anymore."

Sigh. Chris decided to grow a beard this month. It's "Movember" to raise men's health awareness where men grow mustaches. It's also a catchy little thing called "No-Shave-November". And let's be honest, taking time off from shaving is always desirable. That's one reason I was so excited when the crisp winds of Fall blew in. (That and pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!) 

Colder Weather = Long Pants = No Shaving

And who doesn't like a break from a mundane, daily task? I wish someone would think up something like "No Dishes September" or "No Laundry July". Get on that, will you? Thanks!

However, much like when I dyed my hair a reddish brown, our children were not good with the change. Even though my hair was a temporary color, the kids rejected it big time. In fact, when I told them it would wash out in 28 washes, Mags' response was, 

"Better get washin' then."

So, I don't know why Chris expected the kids to be heading up his "Beard Fan Club". It's itchy, collects stuff, and, well, it's itchy. He looks cute, yes, but it's not fun to kiss him while he has hair on his face. The kids have moaned and groaned about it all of November. Now, we have four days to go until he shaves. They are counting down, as am I. 

It's not like my Uncle Tim who has had a beard my whole life. Literally, if I passed him on the street without a beard, I most likely would not recognize him. It's just part of who he is. 

However, I did find a fun option for Chris if he missed his beard. The Beard Beanie. Best part of these? When he takes it off, I can kiss him without getting a brush burn. It's a win/win situation for all involved.

And, no. That's not blood on my face from his beard rubbing against
 my cheek. I had paint on my face from Mags' birthday party. 



But that would make for an interesting...and slightly disturbing post.



12 comments:

  1. GAH! My husband has a beard right now too, like your husband's length. Or whatever you say for beards. I don't love it. He looks handsome and all, but we have kissed and i've gotten a drippy chin from where water got into his dumb beard when he was drinking it! I might get epilstop cream and glob it on him while he sleeps tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first husband had a beard & he grew it precisely because his five o'clock shadow every day would literally make my face bleed from stubble rash. Once the beard becomes a permanent thing it becomes soft & non-scratchy & if he keeps it well-groomed - lovely. The new fad of a half grown beard - I don't think I would be a fan of this at all - at this stage it would be itchy for him & scratchy for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until he shaves it, but am glad he got some time off from shaving. :)

      Delete
  3. My girls love it when Lance has a beard. They say it makes him look like a dad. Too funny! I could go for a no dishes December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think Dad would recognize himself without a beard! Although it has changed color quite a bit in the last few years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Bethie! I've seen it many lengths, too. He is looking very distinguished these past few times I've seen him. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of no dishes december!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romance is where you find it!

    I have a beard just because I'm too lazy to shave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, a least your man can grow a beard. My husband has hair patches in his face when he tries. Love "Movember". How did I not know this?

    (Thanks for linking up with us over at "Finding the Funny"!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, a least your man can grow a beard. My husband has hair patches in his face when he tries. Love "Movember". How did I not know this?

    (Thanks for linking up with us over at "Finding the Funny"!)

    ReplyDelete