Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trifextra: My Favorite Things

This post is in response to Trifecta's Trifextra weekend challenge. They asked us to write exactly 33 words about the following: 

1n 1959, Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote the music for the Broadway production, The Sound of Music.  One of the most famous songs from the musical is "My Favorite Things."  Since its inception, the song has been covered by countless artists, and we're asking you to follow suit.  Give us a few of your favorite things, in whichever form you want.

Today was our little family's traditional Christmas decorating day. I was inspired by this to write my entry. Enjoy!

 
Sparkling lights that all glow when they’re plugged in.
Boxes of decor that hold memories within.
Our history hung on each pine bough with strings.
These are a few of my favorite things.

21 comments:

  1. the memories mean everything. I love the sentiment and style. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rhyming and the imagery is presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back beautiful memories. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! I love my ornaments. Every years I tell the memory of each one. My kids mock me, but one day those memories will live in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the exact same thing. I know they will appreciate the stories, too, when they are older. I hold them close.

      Delete
  5. Love how it goes with the flow of the song, like you added a verse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that compliment, Jennifer!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant and beautiful, as always, Mel! You made me want to get out our decoration, too! But I'm not ready yet.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I loved yours as well and your soup. :P

      Delete
  7. Awww, so lovely, Mel! I love the picture and the sentiments your song conveys. The holiday spirit is full of sparkly (and tangled) lights, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems you and I were on a similar page this weekend. Surprise, surprise. :)

    Sweet entry, Mel. I could sort of picture the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This brings me right back to all the magic of Christmas as a kid. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely take on a yearly tradition! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all about the history... Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete