Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lego Girls Have All the Luck

Mags: "Don't you wish you were a Lego girl?"
Me: "Yes. Yes, I do!"

Have you seen the new Lego Friends sets for girls? Mags got one of the sets from my parents as an early Christmas present. As Mags and I played with her new Lego house, I was a little jealous. 

I know, I know. Silly of me, right? But wait, let me explain by giving you a tour.

We'll start in the living room. First off, there is not a toy to be seen (ignoring the fact the whole thing is a toy).  There are flowers on the table (still upright and looking lively), a huge screen TV (without fingerprints all over it) and a couch (free of random stains on the seat cushions). There's also a MATCHING oversized chair. And they are purple. My favorite. Oh! A cute, little bunny to sit with you on the couch, but since it's Lego, there's no poop cleanup. Perfect.
Moving on to the bathroom. The white flooring and the toilet are SPARKLING white. There's not a pee stain to be seen or to smell. The sink doesn't have toothpaste art all around and in it. The mirror on the wall is free of toothbrush spray and fingerprints. Do you see that counter space next to the sink? It's clean and not flooded (by an accident). And the shower? No scrubbing bubbles for those glass doors! They are crystal clear. 
The kitchen is full of delicious treats. Fresh fruit, warm muffins and a smoothie in the making. Scrumptious. Best of all, there's no need for a broom. You won't find a crumb to be gathered on the bottom of your bare feet. Best of all, Lego food, like the bunny, never makes a mess, so kiss your dirty dishes good-bye.
The bedroom is delightful. There's a well lit vanity for you to sit and apply makeup properly (no more feeling your way through makeup application as you make the kids' lunch and load the dishwasher). And there's a place to store the makeup so your five-year-old won't decorate all her dolls and herself with it. What's that on the neatly made bed? A book? Oh my goodness! Let's read! Even though there's a cat in the room, allergies won't be a factor, since it's Lego. And, you guessed it, no need for a litter box. 
Well, well, well. Lookie here! There's a little deck on the roof of the house. A chair, some flowers, a butterfly and a cool beverage with an umbrella in it (although I think the drink goes to one of the Monster High dolls and that might be brains in the cup, but beggars can't be choosers). 
Walking out the door, you see a freshly-painted, white picket fence. The pathway leads you into your garden, which actually GROWS things! Actual fruits of your labor!
On the other side of the yard there are more vividly colored, BLOOMING flowers (a rarity at my house). The grass is more of lawn and less of a meadow (with tall, waving grasses). A tasty dinner is sizzling on the impeccably clean grill. This is meant to be.
The only setback is that it's located smack dab in the middle of the railroad tracks. But, no worries!  The trains are courteous, thoughtful, talkative and only run during the hours of 6am-7pm.

So, there you have it. Now, do you see why I'm so envious?
(This is where you appease me.) 



7 comments:

  1. So colorful. Those will probably stop a vacuum cleaner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I know what I'm asking for for Christmas! Too many boy Legos at my house. I need me some pink Legos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Way to keep girls expectations realistic, Lego!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, right? Stupid perfectly clean bathroom.

      Delete
  4. That brain margarita looks delicious. I'm hoping for a Lego Friends set in my stocking this year. Fingers crossed!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete