Monday, December 3, 2012

STRIKE A POSE

Tuck: "We'll just drive home with Meme and Papa. Have fun. But don't go to the movies without me. Or eat anything good. Or buy any Legos."

Well, we did everything he asked us NOT to do, except the movies. That was only because we didn't have time to go.  

My parents came to visit this weekend. We drove out to the "real" mall, which was about an hour away. Since there were six of us, we had to take two cars. After we finished our shopping together, my parents graciously took one of the cars and the kids home so that Chris and I could do some secret jolly old man shopping (you know what I mean). 

After an hour of sprinting from store to store, I raised my white flag and begged my husband to sit down with me at the nearest restaurant for a beer and some food. That was when we really stopped, took a breath and realized we were alone. So, you know, when given time to ourselves...what happens? 

We end up in the dressing room of Abercrombie & Fitch 
trying on their matching reindeer sweaters. 


Naturally. 

14 comments:

  1. I expect to see you guys in their next ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SERIOUSLY ADORE YOU.
    Oh my goodness, you just made my whole week.

    "YOU BETTER WORK!!!"

    *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEHEHEHE!! I'm so glad. :) This comment makes me smile. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. For a split second, I thought you were going to say you were in the dressing room doing something else - wink, wink. So did you buy the sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) OOOOH Kathy, that would be "According To Mags...After Dark" Haha!

      We didn't buy them. They were $120 a piece! FOR DEER SWEATERS! :)

      Delete
  4. So fun! You have to use your opportunities wisely when you suddenly find yourselves kidless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mall....*sigh* I miss the mall sometimes.
    Love the sweaters though! Hideously delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What else would you do when you find yourself alone in a dressing room? Love it! Too bad they were so freakin expensive. It's not like you were wearing the deer's antlers as well!
    Tracy @ Momaical.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Desi would NEVER do that. Hilarious! I have to say that I kind of thought you were going somewhere else with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!! At least you had some serious couple time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Farmer Bob is not that spontaneous, and he would honestly look at me like I was out of my freaking mind. He would be too nervous to even touch a $120 sweater on the off chance something would happen and he would have to pay for it. Way to have fun with your "alone" time!!!!

    ReplyDelete