Sunday, December 23, 2012

Trifextra: The Reason


This post is in response to Trifecta's Weekend Challenge. This is the prompt that inspired my entry:

"This weekend we want you to give us a pithy summary of your feelings about the holidays.  Your response does not need to be cynical or sarcastic. We welcome all thoughts and feelings about this time of year--so long as you express those thoughts and feelings in 33 words."


The Reason

Daunting lists crush your joyous spirit. Piles of mounting debt stare you in the face. Desperate for the immense weight to lift, you look up to
find salvation; the season through ingenuous eyes.


13 comments:

  1. Perfectly said. And beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lumdog! I really enjoyed your stages. So true.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ruby. I liked how you double dipped yours. Great idea!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. She was so peaceful in the moment, I had to try to capture it. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely feeling the crush... ): Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! And that's what it's all about, isn't it?
    I hope you and yours have a wonderful christmas and new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MERRY CHRISTMAS my friend.
    I figure there is plenty of time to stress and woe in January, I literally live in a peppermint denial from Halloween to Jan 9th (the 8th is the boys birthday).

    but you're right, there is a reason...and we would do WELL to enjoy every single minute of it.

    hope yours was MERRY AND BRIGHT Mel.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete