Friday, January 4, 2013

According to Margo


All it takes is once. When Thanksgiving comes and goes, I know my time is coming. Any moment, it will sneak up on me. The name change. Wherever I am, whatever I do, it will be lurking...waiting...for just the right moment to strike. I am talking about the scene in 'Christmas Vacation', of course. 

As soon as my husband sees this movie while surfing through the channels shortly after turkey day, it begins. I can't ask a question without getting the same answer for a good two months. Here, let me give you some examples:

Me: "Chris, why is the counter covered in ice cream sprinkles?"
Chris: "I DON'T KNOW, MARGO!"

                or 

Me: "Chris, what are the kids up to?"
Chris: "I DON'T KNOW, MARGO"

                or 

Me: "Chris, where did I put my coffee down?"
Chris: "Have you checked the microwave, cabinet, and refrigerator?"
Me: "Yes. I looked in all those places. Where could it be?"
Chris: "I DON'T KNOW, MARGO!"

But this year, it has spread beyond the questions. Now. I'm just Margo. To everyone in the house. You don't believe me? Here, let me show you...


From the bathroom today, I heard: 

Mags: "Marrrrrgo, I need you!"
Me: "My name is Mama."
Mags: "Okay, Mama Margo."

And I started out my morning with this: 

Me: "Tuck, let's go! You need to get your shoes on!"
Tuck: "Okay, Margo, I'm moving."

So, if you see me with bags under my eyes, mumbling to myself on the side of the mountain and wandering around looking for my coffee, please pick me up and bring me home. 


But for the love of jellybeans....DON'T CALL ME MARGO!

14 comments:

  1. Hahahah... That is to funny, Margo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you have a secret identity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love. I quote that all season too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Margo. You should add a t...for Margot, it's classier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. And I am TOTALLY classy. :P Margot it is!

      Delete
  5. You realize that you REALLY shouldn't have told all of us about this little nickname. Right, Mar- ... I mean ... Mel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't share ALL of my nicknames. ;) wink

      Delete
  6. This makes me laugh; although I have to admit, I was wondering who Margo was until you showed the video. Do you call your husband Todd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I just call him by his full name to show him I'm seriously annoyed by the 5th time he calls me that. Ha! :)

      Delete
  7. Haha, So funny! I don't know Margo-LOL! I get the same answers all the time too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's hilarious that your kids jumped on board! Found you through Bloggy Moms.

    ReplyDelete