Monday, January 28, 2013

JUST A SPOON FULL OF SUGAR....

Me: "Tuck! I need you in the kitchen to take your medicine."
Mags: "Don't do it, Tuck! It's SOOOO gross!"

Our house, like everyone else's this winter, has some sort of sickness in it. Lately, we've been in the throws of:

Acute BronchialHackUpaLungSnotEverywhere-itis 

Have you heard of it? It's quite popular this time of year. Due to all the extra snot and round robin coughing, medicine needs to be given to soothe their ailments every twelve hours. That equates to once in the morning and once in the evening. During these times of distribution, I see a distinct difference in how my children accept the soothing elixir. 

                             "Time for medicine? Okay."    "WHAT? MEDICINE? Are you 
                                                                                        kidding me?  Not AGAIN!
                                                                                       What flavor IS this? It smells 
                                                                                       like grape poop. Blech!"

                              "Glug, glug, glug, gulp."       "How about I just take one sip of it, 
                                                                                       then have a glass of chocolate milk 
                                                                                       with a cookie, then play Candyland,
                                                                                       then spin around 269 times and 
                                                                                       THEN take another sip of medicine?"
                                                                                        
                                  "Thanks, Mama!"          "Oh (gag) my (gag) gosh (gag).
                                                                                    I'm not taking that again. (gag)
                                                                                    Never, ever, ever again. NEVER!"

Only 9 days and 18 doses to go!  

Have you noticed any differences between the kiddos in your house? 

WAAAAAAIT! JUST ONE MORE THING BEFORE YOU GO! 

I'm in the running for this contest. I'd love any help you could give. It's simple! 

1. Click the frilly button below.
2. Scroll down to find According to Mags
3. Click "Vote". 
4. THANK YOU SO MUCH! 





12 comments:

  1. Medicine is a constant battle in our house. I have literally tried the "spoonful of sugar" method to no avail. You should see my kid's shelf in the medicine cabinet in the kitchen. Every kind of syrup, pill and drop you can think of. We'll buy anything just to find one that she'll actually take without a fight. And no more Rx antibiotics. Nope, we're not going there any more. Even if it takes six people to hold her down (which it has, BTW), we get that "one and done" shot before we leave the doc's office. The worst bit of news I got this winter is when I took my kid to the doctor and he told me the ONE Rx cough syrup that she'd take had been taken off the market by the FDA. Be glad Mags takes it at all, even if she does complain. Besides, the pics made for great blog material. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word, woman! She's strong-willed. Wonder where she gets that from? :) xo

      Delete
  2. This makes me realize how lucky I am. Ry loves to take medicine like it's some kind of treat. Maybe because she had to take some the first three months of her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mags used to be fine about it, too. And yes, that could be. Ry's had practice. :P

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Acute BronchialHackUpaLungSnotEverywhere-itis" -this is what I have. I am so glad you found a name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Ok, I'm not laughing at you...but Mags acts exactly like Jacob. The Tamiflu smelled like bubblegum, but tasted like chalk and ick and bubble gum...so he needed a drink and a few minutes to take it, and tell me a story and go on and on and on about how awful it was.
    Gio just took the medicine. He hated it, he took a sip of Diet Coke afterwards but he took it.

    reading this was living in my own house. ;)

    She's very dramatic, I like that about her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. annnnnd...I voted for your blog. Will do so again tomorow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shirts definitely support their personalities ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I was wondering when someone was going to notice! :P

      Delete
  8. Yup, my daughter LOVES medicine whereas my son gags when he has to take any.

    ReplyDelete