Wednesday, February 13, 2013

TODAY'S POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER 'R'

Mags: "Mama, look over heRe. I'm tuRning on the wateR all by myself!"

Something happened this week. Something big. Well, at least in our little world. Mags began saying her R's correctly. With Chris being a trained speech pathologist, I knew the time was coming when there would be no more "Tuckah" or "my tuwn". Mags was really starting to sound like <sniff> a big kid.  

The way she exaggerated the pronunciation was hilarious. Hearing it over and over was making it even more real. Then, just as I was about to lose it over her new found sound and melt like a puddle on the floor, I heard her sweet, little voice from the back seat call out, 


"Mama, can you tuRn 'Wittle Wed Wagon' on the radio, please?" 

She still hasn't mastered her R sound in the initial (beginning) position of the woRd. Her hand dimples may be fading and her cheeks may be thinning, but to me, she'll always be my baby. 

As we ran our errands, that song blared on the radio. It's one of our favorites from the popular kid's band, the Imagination Movers. You can watch the video below from their Rock-O-Matic DVD


And even though the guys sing it as "Little Red Wagon", 
our family will forever sing it as "Wittle Wed Wagon". 



IMAGINATION MOVERS | Little Red Wagon from Committee Films on Vimeo.


WAAAAAAIT! JUST ONE MORE THING BEFORE YOU GO! 

I'm in the running for this contest. I'd love any 
help you could give. It's simple! 

1. Click the frilly button below.
2. Scroll down to find According to Mags
3. Click "Vote". 
4. THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

And don't forget to vote for my girl, Michele, from Old Dog New Tits, 
as well as Hot Mess Momand the lovely ladies of the 
Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE! 
EVERY VOTE COUNTS!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. Weally. :) That song is a fRavorite (as pronounced by the almost 7 year old) for us too - and I know it is just a matter of time before Joe starts pronouncing words cowwectly. Until then, I'll enjoy the sweetness of the mispronounced words.

    Thanks for sharing Mags' milestones with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just discussing how miss hearing keenut butter (peanut butter)& bodot (Robot), although retending (pretending)drives me nuts now I am sure I will miss it when it is gone.

    As for Maggie's r's are you sure she is not a Boston native?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember getting so mad at Carlys pre k teachers because they corrected her on her R's and the way she cutely said some of her words incorrectly. Lance wouldnt let me keep her home and homeschool her. I am still upset that they made my baby grow up to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me tear up! My youngest has some major speech issues, & I find myself tearing up when he actually says ANY word. I'm grateful for milestones, but MAN, do they bring on the waterworks! Haha ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Mags!!!
    (Please tell me you'll all sing "Wittle Wed Wagon" to her at her wedding rehearsal dinner!)
    (hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mel, I actually wrote about this a couple of months ago, that Jacob still says the number 3 as Free. I am sure that the day that he starts saying THREE, I am going to have a mild breakdown and need chocolate and video of him saying One, Two, FREE!!!

    it is the one piece of babyhood he has left and I savor it, I love when he says it..and I know I'll miss it when it's gone.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mags & I are sitting heRe right now playing and heR Rs aRe out of contwowal!! I just wondeR if she'll keep them when we twavow to Boston to see MeMe & PaPa!

    ReplyDelete