Wednesday, March 6, 2013

JUST TRY

Chris: "Before we get dressed, does anyone have to use the bathroom?"
Mags and Tuck: "Nope. We're good!"

Long johns create the base. Then comes the sweatpants, turtleneck and sweatshirt. Feeling a little bulky, but still able to bend, socks come next. Two pairs are a must. Then it's time to call in Mama for the big stuff. The snow pants seal me up and I am waterproof. The puffy jacket adds the final layer of bulk and bending becomes impractical. Final touches of gloves, a hat and boots are added. 

"Ready to go!" 

Mama pants as she wipes the beads of sweat from her brow. The garage door opens to the bright, white world and suddenly it hits. 

"MAMA! I HAVE TO PEE!"


12 comments:

  1. Haha! I am laughing with you,not at you. I have been here before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly prepared would mean having the little astronaut waste removal system. Maybe you can get that set up for next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course!! Hahaha I miss living in cold weather, until I think of that scenario and my five kids all looking at me, uttering those same words lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Then, that is NO fun. 5X that would break me into tears. :)

      Delete
  4. Children never cease to amaze me.. And it's good that we can laugh about (or just write about them...) later. ;-)

    They look so cute all bundled up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know, they are even cuter attempting to maneuver their puffed up bodies in the snow. :)

      Delete
  5. The finest example of Murphy's Law ever.

    (And they look adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Guap! They are pretty darn cute. This pic was actually last year, but the story stretches across EVERY SINGLE YEAR. :)

      Delete
  6. Moving to the swamps of Louisiana would fix this problem. All of that gear could be replaced with cut-offs and a spray can of mosquito repellent.

    Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete