Thursday, March 14, 2013

SAVE THE CHOCOLATE BUNNY

Mags: "Mama! Where are you?"
Me: "I'm in the bathroom!"
Mags: (hoof steps come galloping down the hall) "Mama?"
Me: "Yes, Mags?"
Mags: (giggling, standing in bathroom doorway) "What are you doing?"
Me: (mumbling through my chewing)"Taking a shower."
Mags: "No, you aren't, silly. The water isn't on."
Me: "Cleaning the shower?"
Mags: "I don't smell the poison stuff."
Me: "I'm almost done, Mags. I'll be right out."
Mags: "Hey! (hearing her take in deep breaths) Are you eating CHOCOLATE in there?"
Me: "What? I can't hear you."
Mags: (pulls back the curtain to reveal me shoving a large piece of chocolate bunny in my mouth)
Me: (gasps) "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE WOMAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! Quick, Mags, what movie is that from?"
Mags: "I just saw the chocolate, Mama.  Hand it over."
Me: (giving her a stern look)
Mags: "I mean, PLEASE hand it over."
Me: (sigh) "Fine. I was caught chocolate-handed."



I'm not worried, though. Easter is coming and I always get a big, chocolate bunny in my basket. Well, I wasn't worried UNTIL I saw the Save the Chocolate Bunny campaign from Mattel. Apparently, they are trying to persuade people to buy toys rather than chocolate bunnies. My kids are very much on board with the "more toys, less chocolate" idea. Me, you ask? Oh,  I'm in a panic. But, I'm not alone. These celebrities in the video don't look like they can resist the annual delicacy either. See? 


But since Mattel asked me NICELY if I would help them spread the word about these helpless, delicious rabbits' possible extinction, I couldn't say no. 
To sweeten the deal, they are offering a prize basket of toys. 
Who can resist that? Go on and give it a try! 
You can enter in the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win. 


"Mattel's "Save the Chocolate Bunny" campaign is promoting "toys instead of chocolate" to encourage creative, healthy, sugar-free play for kids! Here is a link to Mattel's Save the Bunny website:http://www.savechocolatebunnies.com/#home where you'll find more giveaways and coupons!"



12 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there when Mags caught you. Priceless. Absolutely priceless. Glad to hear the kids are on board with the toys. I'm sure the world can spare at least one bunny. For you.

    Mine will be made of cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHE IS HER DADDY!

      Of course your bunny will be a cheesy bunny. :)

      Delete
  2. You forgot Mom Rule #1: ALWAYS lock the bathroom door!!! :)

    P.S. I'm a month long lurker and I'm happy to have found your blog. I now also follow you on twitter. Hope you have a great day!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First and foremost, WELCOME! Please come by anytime. :P

      And yes, you are right. Locks are essential. Good reminder.

      Delete
  3. Gah - I already entered from ODNTs site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Ryan has always asked for toys at Easter. He thinks it's an extension of Christmas, you know the Easter Bunny and Santa work together. Love your blog as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always getting caught chocolate handed, darn kids ruin moms fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I hide to eat chocolate too!!! Next time grab a handful of the 'funsize' they are much easier to conceal if needed :-)

    ReplyDelete