Monday, April 22, 2013

Just Dance

Me: "I have to practice my dance routine, Mags. Wanna watch?"
Mags: "Of course. Hold on, hold on. Let me close the curtains and turn out the lights."
Me: "For what?"
Mags: "So when I turn the lights on, that's when you start. Just like when I'm on stage. Remember? Ms. Amanda took us on stage today and said we have to be super duper quiet. Then, when the lights come on, we start tapping and smiling."
Me: "Gotcha. Okay. Go ahead and turn on the lights and I'll do my dance for you."
Mags: "You'll do great. Okay, here are the lights!"
Me: (dancing, dancing, mess up, dancing, make up a few steps, dancing and bow)
Mags: (clapping
Me: "How'd I do?"
Mags: "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?"
Me: "Both"
Mags: "Okay. Good news is this. You're dancing was BEE-U-TI-FUL! Seriously. I was like...WOW! Here's the bad news...I forgot to open the imaginary curtain, so no one else in the audience could see you. And they're complaining. Do you hear them? How about you do the dance again and I'll remember the curtain this time."
Me: "Sure. Let me do it again. By the way, who's in the audience?"
Mags: "Wolfie, Silkies, Bitty Baby and about 100 zombies."

Remember in the Fall when I wrote about how Mags was taking ballet and tap? And that I was also going to be taking a ballet class? Well, I took it and enjoyed it. That's why I signed up for the Spring Adult Jazz class as well. 

Turns out, the Adult Jazz class is in the end of the year recital...
doing a dance routine...in a costume. 

This costume to be exact...


Good news is, the zombies will all be in a state of shock when they see it, 
so they won't know where to start. 


12 comments:

  1. Please, please, PLEASE get a picture in that costume!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I won't. But I have no control over what my husband captures and posts. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. Now if I could keep the dance steps straight. :)

      Delete
  3. NNNNNOOOOOO WAAAAAYYYYY??!!!!!! OohhhhmyGAAWWWD!!! Yes picture. Tons and tons and ins of pictures!!! You are amazing. I can't wait to hear all about it and Mags...Oh my she is a hoot! I can believe those zombies sat and watched?! What good zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris is sure to snap and bunch. :) and I was impressed with the zombies' attention span!

      Delete
  4. Please post a video of the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical. Tell Mags I'm still waiting on my program. Oh, and there's gum on my seat.

    P.S. I'm one of the zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it! She is usually more organized than that.

      Have you stopped crying and clawing at your eyes yet? Haha!!!

      Delete
  6. That is one of the greatest costumes I have ever seen. Good luck with your recital. If I lived closer I would come to watch you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's an interesting choice of costume. Mag's is awesome! Such a great imagination.

    ReplyDelete