Wednesday, April 10, 2013

LIFE IS BUT A DREAM

Me: "Daddy and I are reading one of our stories at an event to support literacy in our area."
Tuck: "Which one? Dragonfly, Dragonfly Show Us the Way?"
Me: "Yep. That's the one."
Tuck: "Are you nervous to read in front of a bunch of people?"
Me: "A little bit."
Tuck: "Well, when I was trying out for the talent show, I was super nervous. You told me how to keep my belly from being all crazy. Remember? Just take deep breaths. Then you won't be so nervous. And think of something funny. Like when I toot."
Me: "Excellent suggestions. Thanks!"
Tuck: "Oh, and remember that I think you're the best Mama ever."
Me: *puddle on the floor*

It's such a rewarding feeling when YOU are the one that helps your kids through their anxiety. YOU are the one that makes them feel better. YOU are the one they run to for a comforting hug. YOU are the one that scares away the monsters. YOU are the one that can redirect them when something sparkly distracts them. YOU are the one they can act out with, be horrible to and know YOU are the one who will still kiss them goodnight. Every. Single. Time. YOU are the one they look to when they question their own ability. YOU are the one that tells them it's okay to jump. YOU are the one who watches them fall. YOU are the one who's there to help them up. YOU are the one that believes in them more than they believe in themselves. 

And THEY, THEY are the ones that make all your dreams come true.









25 comments:

  1. You're such an awesome YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite a momma!! What a moment. Keep that tucked away in your heart and remember it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you did something right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is good stuff, Lady! You are raising those kids so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to say this is one of your best blogs. You are certainly raising your children right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, my heart just melted. This was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was absolutely beautiful, and such a great reminder to all us parents. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! I appreciate you coming to visit. :)

      Delete
  8. This is simply beautiful my friend. Thank you for the reminder, it was just what I needed this morning <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. I appreciate it. And thank you for sharing it with your masses. :)

      Delete
  9. So so so true..... It doesn't matter how mad I am, when that boy of mine says, Momma, I love you. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so beautiful and uplifting I don't have anything sarcastic to say. Damn you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful and so true. When my 7 yo gets off the bus and runs down the driveway with his arms outstretched...and today he picked me a flower on the way. It's the best feeling on earth.

    ReplyDelete