Wednesday, April 3, 2013

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Chris: "What did you do today?"
Tuck: "We ate dinner at a very fancy diner and I lost my tooth when I bit into my hot dog. That's all I remember from today."


See the new space in the bottom left side of Tuck's mouth? And if you look even closer, you can see the tiny baby tooth in the center of the palm of his hand. 

Since the kids and I are in Boston pahking cahs in Hahvahd Yahd visiting my family, I immediately sent Chris a text with the above picture. His reply was,

"No way! Amazing! I can't believe it!"

I shared the text with Tuck and he beamed with pride. Then, as I looked back down, my screen lit up with another message. It read, 

"Nine years ago today, we were having our rehearsal dinner. Now, at dinner, our oldest lost a tooth!!!"

Isn't it nuts how fast time goes by as we get older? Today, Chris and I are celebrating nine years together as husband and wife. NINE! Have I ever told you how we met? No? Well, let me give you the quick version of the story.

I was a ball of 21-year-old nerves walking into my first teacher training. When the very heavy, wooden door swung open, all eyes turned to me. I awkwardly fumbled into the room. I slipped my way into the horseshoe formation all the other new hires seemed to be standing in for introductions. That's when I heard him and my attention was drawn to his face. He was handsome, had the most disarming smile and stood directly across from me. My gaze was stuck. As he introduced himself to the group, his eyes met mine and at that very moment, I believed in love at first sight. 

And for the record...I still do! 


I look forward to many, many more, Chris! 






6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Tuck losing another tooth. How exciting - and you know how extra special it is when it happens away from home! :)

    Love the story of how you and Chris met - and the big proposal. Can't wait to see pictures from the wedding. (hint, hint)

    Happy Anniversary, Mel and Chris! Here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Happy Anniversary you guys.. We will have 18 years under our belt this year..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, you guys! (Hint) We took a cruise for our 10th anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool. Congratulations. Big ones.

    ReplyDelete