Friday, May 3, 2013

Pick-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

From the backseat of the car: 

Mags: TUCK, STOP THAT! IT'S SO GROSS!"
Tuck: "What?" 
Mags: "You are PICKING your nose. Mama, Tuck needs a wet wipe, he just had his FINGER up his NOSE!"
Me: "Tuck, honey. We've talked about this. If you have a booger, let me know and I'll get you a tissue. Mags, my purse is in the seat next to you. Please find a wipe in my purse." 
Tuck: "Mags I don't need it. I just ate it."
Mags: "Are you KIDDING ME? I'm gonna puke. Tuck, you just ate DIRT. DIRT from your NOSE wrapped in BOOGERS."
Tuck: "Yep. Deeeeelicious!" (insert maniacal laugh)


It just so happened that the song Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah was on in the car at the time. I took the opportunity to ad-lib the words to best suit the situation. Feel free to use it with your little nose picker. Happy Friday! 

Pick-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Pick-A-Dee-Ay
Why oh why do you pick it today?
Plenty of tissues heading your way.
Pick-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Pick-A-Dee-Ay

Put your finger on your shoulder.
Or you'll get sick, it's actual
You won't feel so satisfactual.
Pick-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Pick-A-Dee-Ay

Fight the feeling, fight it today.
I found this gem at The Teacher Wife blog.




3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I have two nose pickers in my house. They have had this EXACT conversation right up to the I ate it I don't need a tissue!!! Sometimes we are here to teach them the big life lessons...you know like being a well rounded happy healthy adult and sometimes we are just trying to teach them not to pick their noses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nose picker in my house too. A few years back on of the teachers at my kids' daycare saw a kid picking their nose and told them "You can't pick your nose, its not your birthday!" Since then the kids get excited when it is a kids birthday b/c that kid can pick their nose that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it wrong that after reading this I started singing it to Gio??
    "I"m CLEANING my nose Mommy!" and then he rolls his eyes, like I have a problem.

    LOL

    you are the best at making me giggle....:)

    ReplyDelete